• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Kunze, De Clerck Or Practical Handbook For The Specialty Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiltzkin

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some books. Specifically looking for these books:

Technology Brewing and Malting - Kunze
Practical Handbook for the Specialty Brewer - MBAA
A Textbook of Brewing By Jean De Clerck
The Practical Brewer

If you have them and not using them anymore I would like to buy them from you =)

MHB did have a few copies of Kunze recently I believe. Might still have one for sale. I may be confusing him selling them with him donating one as a prize for the NSW comp though. I thought he had 3 or 4 for sale - best check directly with him in case my memory is playing tricks.

Not sure about the others - I've been interested in Clerck and Kunze for a while but they are rare and expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Textbook-Brewing-Vol...k/dp/B000N3VLLG

http://www.amazon.com/Technology-Brewing-M...;keywords=kunze

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the others - I've been interested in Clerck and Kunze for a while but they are rare and expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Textbook-Brewing-Vol...k/dp/B000N3VLLG

http://www.amazon.com/Technology-Brewing-M...;keywords=kunze

Nah ....... you have been looking in the wrong place.

You can get them from Siebel.

Kunze is $240 and DeClerk is $50. You probably only need Vol 1 of DeClerk unless you have an interest in historical methods of laboratory methods.

HTH
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
My budget certainly doesnt run to having spare copies of Kunze laying around and they are pretty dam rare second hand and never seen a 4th edition used, at 149Eu it is very good value, VLB charge an arm and leg (well DHL do) for postage I shipped the one for the NSW BOS on my TNT account it cost $65 and was here in 4 days.
If you are serious about buying a copy of Kunze I would be happy to arrange the shipping at cost.

The three volumes of the Practical Handbooks are good but most of the information is covered elsewhere (Kunze & The Practical Brewer), never seen them second hand.

The Practical Brewer is only $75 USD on the MBAA website I think this is a better place to start than the above Practical Handbooks, buy this one and get a copy of A Handbook of Basic Brewing Calculations from the MBAA $49 USD (really good book), tho I have one copy left for sale ($60 inc delivery) and that will be the 40th copy I have sold.

I havent got DeClerck its 50 odd years old and there have been a lot of changes over that time for one I believe its written entirely in imperial (US) units and I find reaching for a calculator every 5 minutes frustrating. Mind you at $50 USD it might be well worth grabbing a set for the library.
Mark

Actually at that price I just ordered a set of DeClerck frig those prices on Amazon like $890 for DeClerck and $320 for a used Kunze are pretty scary, less than $250 new delivered from VLB
Bigfridge got in first
M

Good to see some more realistic looking prices.

My interest in brewing is both from an historical/cultural and a scientific perspective (ties in with my recent study).

Thanks bigfridge - I had forgotten siebel sold books. Should have remembered that from when I ordered a taint/fault tasting kit a few months back.

If I could find a realistically priced version of Boulton, Briggs et al, I'd be a happy man.

What is this tasting kit you are referring to?

Good to see some more realistic looking prices.

My interest in brewing is both from an historical/cultural and a scientific perspective (ties in with my recent study).

Thanks bigfridge - I had forgotten siebel sold books. Should have remembered that from when I ordered a taint/fault tasting kit a few months back.

If I could find a realistically priced version of Boulton, Briggs et al, I'd be a happy man.

Thanks for the comments on the books. If no one want to sell them here I'll guess I have to buy them new :/

Cheers

Latest posts

Back