stiltzkin

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some books. Specifically looking for these books:

Technology Brewing and Malting - Kunze
Practical Handbook for the Specialty Brewer - MBAA
A Textbook of Brewing By Jean De Clerck
The Practical Brewer

If you have them and not using them anymore I would like to buy them from you =)

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
MHB did have a few copies of Kunze recently I believe. Might still have one for sale. I may be confusing him selling them with him donating one as a prize for the NSW comp though. I thought he had 3 or 4 for sale - best check directly with him in case my memory is playing tricks.

Not sure about the others - I've been interested in Clerck and Kunze for a while but they are rare and expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Textbook-Brewing-Vol...k/dp/B000N3VLLG

http://www.amazon.com/Technology-Brewing-M...;keywords=kunze

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfridge

Reaction score
Not sure about the others - I've been interested in Clerck and Kunze for a while but they are rare and expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Textbook-Brewing-Vol...k/dp/B000N3VLLG

http://www.amazon.com/Technology-Brewing-M...;keywords=kunze
Nah ....... you have been looking in the wrong place.

You can get them from Siebel.

Kunze is $240 and DeClerk is $50. You probably only need Vol 1 of DeClerk unless you have an interest in historical methods of laboratory methods.

HTH
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

MHB

Reaction score
My budget certainly doesnt run to having spare copies of Kunze laying around and they are pretty dam rare second hand and never seen a 4th edition used, at 149Eu it is very good value, VLB charge an arm and leg (well DHL do) for postage I shipped the one for the NSW BOS on my TNT account it cost $65 and was here in 4 days.
If you are serious about buying a copy of Kunze I would be happy to arrange the shipping at cost.

The three volumes of the Practical Handbooks are good but most of the information is covered elsewhere (Kunze & The Practical Brewer), never seen them second hand.

The Practical Brewer is only $75 USD on the MBAA website I think this is a better place to start than the above Practical Handbooks, buy this one and get a copy of A Handbook of Basic Brewing Calculations from the MBAA $49 USD (really good book), tho I have one copy left for sale ($60 inc delivery) and that will be the 40th copy I have sold.

I havent got DeClerck its 50 odd years old and there have been a lot of changes over that time for one I believe its written entirely in imperial (US) units and I find reaching for a calculator every 5 minutes frustrating. Mind you at $50 USD it might be well worth grabbing a set for the library.
Mark

Actually at that price I just ordered a set of DeClerck frig those prices on Amazon like $890 for DeClerck and $320 for a used Kunze are pretty scary, less than $250 new delivered from VLB
Bigfridge got in first
M

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
Good to see some more realistic looking prices.

My interest in brewing is both from an historical/cultural and a scientific perspective (ties in with my recent study).

Thanks bigfridge - I had forgotten siebel sold books. Should have remembered that from when I ordered a taint/fault tasting kit a few months back.

If I could find a realistically priced version of Boulton, Briggs et al, I'd be a happy man.

Golani51

Reaction score
What is this tasting kit you are referring to?

Good to see some more realistic looking prices.

My interest in brewing is both from an historical/cultural and a scientific perspective (ties in with my recent study).

Thanks bigfridge - I had forgotten siebel sold books. Should have remembered that from when I ordered a taint/fault tasting kit a few months back.

If I could find a realistically priced version of Boulton, Briggs et al, I'd be a happy man.

stiltzkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments on the books. If no one want to sell them here I'll guess I have to buy them new :/

Cheers

Latest posts