• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb - Kettle (s.a)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my kettle and wondering if anyone has one that they are interested in selling for a reasonable price? Looking for at least 50L.

Would consider a converted 50L keg too.

Cheers,

JT

Keg King sell kegs, with top cut out and ball valve fitted for $100.

Adding an element and dial thermometer would add and $80 odd to the that price...

50lt is way to small lol. I started building my brewery I got a 50lt keggle then before I got more vessels thought there must be a easier way? I had a 38lt MT and a 20lt bigw pot and it would do singles but was a pain and I had to build a brew rig and all. So I thought stuff it my keggle will now be a HLT and I got a 70lt esky and a 80lt kettle and I am glad I did as it only takes me 30mins more to make twice as much. I also quickly built a brew stand as lifting 50lt of wort from the ground onto a old BBQ with my burner on was a pain and the first time I done it I put my back out.

I now run a single pump with garden hose fittings on all the vessels. I fly sparge so to do that I just drain the HLT into a jug and pour that into the MT manually its a little bit more work but you will be there monitoring the pump any way. The pumps also has taking alot of the other work out I had to do before anyway so that little step in not a big deal to what I was doing

50lt is way to small lol. I started building my brewery I got a 50lt keggle then before I got more vessels thought there must be a easier way? I had a 38lt MT and a 20lt bigw pot and it would do singles but was a pain and I had to build a brew rig and all. So I thought stuff it my keggle will now be a HLT and I got a 70lt esky and a 80lt kettle and I am glad I did as it only takes me 30mins more to make twice as much. I also quickly built a brew stand as lifting 50lt of wort from the ground onto a old BBQ with my burner on was a pain and the first time I done it I put my back out.

I now run a single pump with garden hose fittings on all the vessels. I fly sparge so to do that I just drain the HLT into a jug and pour that into the MT manually its a little bit more work but you will be there monitoring the pump any way. The pumps also has taking alot of the other work out I had to do before anyway so that little step in not a big deal to what I was doing

How do you figure 50lt is way too small? Can brew single batches piss easy with a keggle. I'm brewing 34 litre batches with a keggle atm. OP hasn't mentioned brewing double batches, a keggle would probably work fine for them.

no doubt you can brew singles and maybe double with MAXI method but just pointing out I was happy to do singles but after thinking to future proof my brewery and deciding to go to doubles, I am so glad I did, I can still do single but rarely do as I rather brew once a month or so then every 2 weeks. I am only home for 8 days in a month and with a young one and always heaps to do around the house I cant spend all the time brewing.

No kettle is ever big enough, I went from 38 to 50 to 110 and I still sometimes wish it was bigger

however, I cant drink any more beer, so it suits me well at this point

Back