• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Immersion Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister clark

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm after a cheap and cheerful immersion chiller.

I have grain father and I'm happy with the counter flow this is just to get the temperature down for cooler whirl pool so I don't need anything fancy.

Cheers!

Hi Clarky,

Using an IC is good to get your temp down below 80c for the WP addition which is what Ive done on the BM a few times with some late hopped beers.

Why dont you just use the CFC to cool the wort?

I run the beer through the cfc and return teh wort to the kettle and the return creates the WP and starts to chill the wort. when you reach <80c just turn off the water to the CFC and keep the whirlpool going, adding the hops.

I may be amiss as the GF may not function like that _ the BM I use a seperate pump

Hi Clarky,

Using an IC is good to get your temp down below 80c for the WP addition which is what Ive done on the BM a few times with some late hopped beers.

Why dont you just use the CFC to cool the wort?

I run the beer through the cfc and return teh wort to the kettle and the return creates the WP and starts to chill the wort. when you reach <80c just turn off the water to the CFC and keep the whirlpool going, adding the hops.

I may be amiss as the GF may not function like that _ the BM I use a seperate pump

Hey Dan, thanks for the reply.

I used the same technique on my last neipa but I'm keen to try dry hopping at lower temps, high 40s low 50s, and the cfc takes too long.

Latest posts

Back