• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Icebank/Temprite/Glycol Unit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattvdp

Reaction score
Afternoon All

I realise this is a pretty long shot, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm looking to buy something to flood a font and cool four beer lines between the cellar and the font. I've looked at the cheap(ish) Chinese ones on eBay, but the big one is a bit too big and doesn't come with a pump for the font and the small one only does three lines.

So does anyone:
- have an Icebank/Temprite/Glycol Unit type thing that they're looking to sell?
or
- know any pubs/clubs or similar sitting on a smallish old unit they could be persuaded to sell?
or
- have some genious way of dispensing cold beer from a cellar that doesn't cost an absolute fortune?

The ebay options are just less than $1000, so I guess I'm either looking at paying lower than that for something similar, or paying about the same for something a bit better.

Cheers,
Matt

Keg King sell a glycol unit. Being the beer hackers they are I reckon they could give you some options to suit your setup, too.

Thanks kahlerisms, I hadn't spotted that one. Looks like it could be a possibility. Nice small size, runs four taps and a flooded font. Good find!

I'm also playing around with an upright freezer, a couple of SS chiller plates and an aquarium at the moment to see if I can rig up something. The main hurdle though is all the refrigerator coils running through the freezer shelves. I haven't decided yet if I'm game to try bending them...

Back