• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb ice bank or chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey6

Reaction score
Hi everybody I'm after an icebank or chiller for my home set up I'm thinking leaving kegs in kegerator and then dispensing through icebank or chiller. So then I can also make use of my flooded font or else it kind of seems a waste any help would be awesome guys [emoji106]

Start trolling gumtree and ebay everyday or go to Keg King.
Think creatively with what you could use. My first attempt was a underbench water chiller and an ebay water pump. It worked very well getting the font down to 3 degrees at best. All depends on what you can think off. If your in the hunter valley region you can have my underbench chiller for a beer.

I'm in Sth east Melbourne this is my current set up the font uploaded is getting installed on bar
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503099008.641904.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503099030.145083.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503099044.717582.jpg

Melbourne is a bit far. Nice bar.
Here is what I am doing now. Glycol chiller from gumtree and the original ebay pump and some ac insulation from bunnings.

2017-08-19 11.42.38.jpg
2017-08-19 11.55.31.jpg

Start trolling gumtree and ebay everyday or go to Keg King.
Think creatively with what you could use. My first attempt was a underbench water chiller and an ebay water pump. It worked very well getting the font down to 3 degrees at best. All depends on what you can think off. If your in the hunter valley region you can have my underbench chiller for a beer.

I am in the same boat in Sydney and can see eBay and Gumtree sales for glycol chillers in every state apart from NSW for the last few months. Just unlucky I guess.

For a water chiller, how did you plumb up the pump? Just a simple loop? Or did you have some kind of reservoir. For out of box thinking was gonna try an aquarium chiller but the word was it wouldn't get cold enough. Did it survive a summer?

Getting cold enough is about it's power and thermostat settings. I had looked at aquarium chillers but they where still fairly dear.

The chiller and the font made up the main volume of the previous setup. Coolant went up from the chiller to the font then back to the keg fridge too cool the lines where the pump was and still worked through summer (no ice but it is 1/12th hp. If your willing to travel it yours for a bottle of your finest.

Where about are u located - I'm considering selling mine - it's hardly been used . I use it more for chilling my wort which is awesome and why I am still holding onto it but I may consider parting with it and freezing water to use for chilling wort. I'm in brissy if interested please pm me. Can give more details then - I also have two tap flooded lancer font

Back