• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought some rhizomes earlier in the year and just went to plant them today only to find that they had all gone rotten and mouldy in the fridge :(

Has anyone got any cuttings that they would be willing to sell? I have the pots all ready to go but no rhizomes...

I am most interested in aroma varieties for pale ales such as Cascade, Chinook etc...

Cheers!

Hi brewbie, I have some cascade,chinook,golding's and hallertau $10 each + postage. Pm me if interested Cheers.

I have some wild cluster I can help you with.

Hi Golani,
Just wondering what the 'wild' Cluster is about. Why do you refer to it as wild? Is it a really tall rampant variety?

Hi Golani,
Just wondering what the 'wild' Cluster is about. Why do you refer to it as wild? Is it a really tall rampant variety?

It was given to me by a very kind gentlemen on this list and I have some to pass on. No charge. Spreading the love. Th story goes that it was originally taken from a farm that had grown Cluster and then planted on his own farm (not hop associated). It had since spread out to plague proportions which is how I managed to offer it for the meagre price of a blown kiss.

The end result is that I am calling it wild cluster. Sue me Hoppy my friend.

Wow, that's a really cool story Golani. :D
I wonder if them growing wild for a few years changes their growth patterns in any way. I have some Cluster which I obtained last year and it appears to be dwarf.

Not sure if you're after these varieties but i have a couple of Perle rhizomes and also some Hersbrucker.
Cheers

Wow, that's a really cool story Golani. :D
I wonder if them growing wild for a few years changes their growth patterns in any way. I have some Cluster which I obtained last year and it appears to be dwarf.
I am not sure the effect, but happy to send some if you want. I intend on planting them at select locations throughout melbourne and letting them do their thing.

If you are after some let me know.

R

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

A very kind soul has offered me some rhizomes for free, which is an offer I cannot refuse :)

Cheers!

Guerrilla Growing? I like the sound of that? :D

9 friends so far received the goods. The local park will be the next one on my list. The rhizomes are still in a foam box in the shed with only a tiny bit of soil on them. The have grown close to 2 feet long! My carefully maintained ones in pots are only 4 or 5 inches. The POR however is around a foot long.

It was given to me by a very kind gentlemen on this list and I have some to pass on. No charge. Spreading the love. Th story goes that it was originally taken from a farm that had grown Cluster and then planted on his own farm (not hop associated). It had since spread out to plague proportions which is how I managed to offer it for the meagre price of a blown kiss.

The end result is that I am calling it wild cluster. Sue me Hoppy my friend.
I would be happy to help you try and spread the love .
I'm O.S till nov but wanted to start growing hop when I get back .I live in the south yarra area but my folks like in bayside and I think I would plant them down there . so if your looking for people to plant them around I would love to help

Hi, this generous offer has inspired me to finally sign up to the forum- Any chance I can share in the love? Sydney based.
Thanks a million!

Hi, this generous offer has inspired me to finally sign up to the forum- Any chance I can share in the love? Sydney based.
Thanks a million!

No probs. I will be flying for work to Parramatta on the 4th and will be in Sydney from friday eve till sunday late morning. Send me your contact details and we can sort it out. I will be back on the 10th and out on the evening of the 14th. Same pattern.

R

Hi guys,

I might be getting in a little late here but I was hoping to get my hand on some hop rhizomes to plant this year. Does anybody have any left. I am happy to pay for them.

Also, is it alright to plant them now or is it too late?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I might be getting in a little late here but I was hoping to get my hand on some hop rhizomes to plant this year. Does anybody have any left. I am happy to pay for them.

Also, is it alright to plant them now or is it too late?

Thanks
try wolfy he had some a day or 2 ago
I think he has golding and P.O.R

I have Tettnang and Golding left, maybe some Halleratu (next week).
It's getting a little late to be the 'ideal' time to plant them, but my plants are grown at my sisters farm (in the hills) so they have not started growing as much as those in warmer places - but for best 1st year's growth they should go in the ground ASAP.

I have Tettnang and Golding left, maybe some Halleratu (next week).
It's getting a little late to be the 'ideal' time to plant them, but my plants are grown at my sisters farm (in the hills) so they have not started growing as much as those in warmer places - but for best 1st year's growth they should go in the ground ASAP.

Hi Wolfy. The tettnang and the golding sound great. I'll pm you now.

Latest posts

Back