• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Growler filler fitting for Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat B

Reaction score
Hi. I just got my hands on a growler and want the growler filler fitting for my intertaps. Thought I'd check here to see if anyone in my area has one before either driving across town to Keg King or forking out for the shipping.

Located in NE suburbs of Melbourne.

Cheers.

There's really no need, you can just jam a piece of silicone hose over the normal nozzle and away you go.

I didn't find mine very useful, but I don't Really fill many growlers if I do I try to use the counter pressure filling method (easy to do with SS growler fitted with a drafto lid) or transfer to a mini /party keg. I just modified one of my tap shanks to accept a liquid disconnected. Going to test it out in a few hours

Hey mate, as above I just slip a piece of clear PVC tube over the normal intertap nozzel make sure it goes all the way to the bottom of the growler. I have flow control so choke it back to start. I have the KK double wall growlers I put them in the freezer prior to cool them down ( open the cap to let cool air in) This reduces foaming heaps, works well for me. Helps to pour a beer first too, to cool the tap. I think I even have the proper fill nozel but found it wasn't as good as the above method.

As above, a place I go to get growlers filled does the same thing with their Perlick taps and another place slides a silicone tube inside the spout of their Perlick taps. I think that the point is that the screw in for intertap is great but you will get by just fine without it

Hey mate, as above I just slip a piece of clear PVC tube over the normal intertap nozzel make sure it goes all the way to the bottom of the growler. I have flow control so choke it back to start. I have the KK double wall growlers I put them in the freezer prior to cool them down ( open the cap to let cool air in) This reduces foaming heaps, works well for me. Helps to pour a beer first too, to cool the tap. I think I even have the proper fill nozel but found it wasn't as good as the above method.

Freezer doesn't cause any issues? I have the same growler and it specifically says not to put it in the freezer?

I just put mine in the fridge, then it's the same temp as the beer... If you don't have flow control taps (like me), turn the pressure on the reg right down before you pour.

I just put mine in the fridge, then it's the same temp as the beer... If you don't have flow control taps (like me), turn the pressure on the reg right down before you pour.
I don't have flow control, so good advice. I'll just shut the pressure off at the manifold for the pour. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back