• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems like we have a enough in Melbourne.

I don't mind asking for prices etc.. unless the OP wants to ?

I have the hopper too and it's a nice piece of kit, esp for the price! Will save you stuffing around making your own.

Cheers SJ

I would be interested if a bulk buy gets off the ground.

I am not really fussed who organises it guys (i can do it, or someone else). feel free to go ahead and ask for prices if you want. It seems like we have enough interest!

posted another thread in bulk buys section:
bulk buy

I got a margaMill and modded it.. DONT do this.. they suck! pay the money... thats what I say.. I've seen mine in action then i've seen klienys monstermill (I believe it is) shat all over mine..

I got a margaMill and modded it.. DONT do this.. they suck! pay the money... thats what I say.. I've seen mine in action then i've seen klienys monstermill (I believe it is) shat all over mine..
I'm sold after watching Klienys mill in action. I can still recall 4* after milling 25kilos of grain in about 2 minutes going "thank god that is over!" and me thinking "what the heck is he complaining about - that was awesome!" :)

I'm sold after watching Klienys mill in action. I can still recall 4* after milling 25kilos of grain in about 2 minutes going "thank god that is over!" and me thinking "what the heck is he complaining about - that was awesome!" :)

there is a thread going in the bulk buys.

Hahaha! I still say that with 5-6kg of grain with mine! Although i have been brewing in 30+ deg days and milling in the heat of the sun. I walk outside bone dry then stumble in sweating bullets and killing for a beer!

I'm only going to say this once, because I'll catch a lot of grief for it, but the Millmaster from Mashmaster.com.au is AWESOME.

I got mine through my LHBS and paid a pretty fair price for it (under $270in my hands) The rollers are MASSIVE and it very well constructed.

Drawbacks:

Grain can get into the gears (I made a piece of perspex to keep it all out at a cost of 0$)
Shaft is 12mm instead of 12.7mm so you need to get a custom pulley (about $65) if you are going to motorise it)

Everything else about it appears to be of a much higher grade than any other mill on the market, so I think I'll have it for life....

Oh, one last thing.. they are out of production, as they are making a few changes (as noted above.. covering gears and changing shaft size) but I hear they will be back in about 2 months.

Oh, I do know where 2 of these are, brand new and for sale. PM me if interested.

Pete is that $270 with crank handle, base and hopper?...

Im tossing up between getting a monsters mill 3/8" shaft and using the MM crank handle or getting the 1/2 inch and using a drill to power it?
What would you guys do?

Im tossing up between getting a monsters mill 3/8" shaft and using the MM crank handle or getting the 1/2 inch and using a drill to power it?
What would you guys do?

My 18v will not go the 1/2 inch chuck, so the 10mm (3/8) was what I went for

QldKev

What would you guys do?

You could always invest in a cheap corded ozito hammer drill (35 bucks). I believe they can take up to 1/2 inch.

but if your concidering a pulley remember that 1/2" is a common size where as 3/8 isnt

On the other hand 3/8 will suit more drills and you can always get a blank pulley with a custom bore milled for you should you require.

3/8" is common enough. Try looking for a factory made 12mm bore pulley though lol.

Options, options... You start off thinking, that price is ok, and before you know it you've talked yourself into a few upgrades and paying way over your original limit...

MM2 USD108. Any reason i should buy a dearer one? Anyone complainng about this and saying, if only i'd spent a little more and got the mm2.0 or mm3..?

Hopper - Is it worth the USD30 + postage? Or can you easily make one, or is it not worth the stuffing around?

I just started intending to make cooper's kits, and before long i'll be building silos in my backyard...

Latest posts

Back