• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb grain mill and hopper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsec

Reaction score
Just checking if there's one on here before ordering new

I just ordered a Keg King 2 roller. Can let you know my thoughts if you wish.

First off it's plastic, yes I know we can do wonderful things with plastic but at this price point some of the all metal mills are actually cheaper, this is supposed to be their "premium" mill, no hopper or mounting board, and they're still having to snap of one of the mounting lugs. If you really want one of these wait untill V.2 comes out with all its lugs intact. Also, on release there were reports of it locking up when people tried to adjust it (another case of user error perhaps)

Case in point, all metal 3 roller, geared mill with mounting board and hopper AND! it's $90 cheaper.
nuff said

Attachments

• Malt mill.jpg
    Malt mill.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 55
  • KK malt mill.jpg
    KK malt mill.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 69
I've had both, go the geared 3 roller.
Diamond blocked on first use, took it back instantly. they happily gave me a refund, which was nice. but brewday got postponed, as i couldn't mill my grain.

i paid $260 for the new fluted millmaster when they came out feb 2016. dunno how they've almost doubled in price. having said that, it'll last longer than me. probably my only brew gear that i'll never have to replace.

I've had both, go the geared 3 roller.
Diamond blocked on first use, took it back instantly. they happily gave me a refund, which was nice. but brewday got postponed, as i couldn't mill my grain.
So they gave you back your money on a product that wasn't fit for purpose, screwed up your brew day, cost you how much in time and energy first buying it then returning it, and you think that was "nice"?
You are wayyy too kind rizah.

I can vouch for the geared 3 roller from KK
I'd like to see how much the knurling has blunted in 5 years time
I know they've changed the material since their old mills, but my old one is nearly munted

I just got a 2 Gear one, for $99 with a steel mounting board pre done, it was a bargain. I don't personally see the advantage of a 3 roller, as I will be conditioning the grain anyways. I like simple things, as I have a simple mind. I can set the gap to a Credit Card, and off I will go. Don't need feeler guages or anything like a 3 roller. If it lasts me 5 years then I will be very happy. Considering I would probably brew on average once a month, call it 15 a year. That's 75 brews. Just over $1 a brew, but saved $2 for LHBS to mill plus BB grain.

I think it's worth it for my needs. I can post some photos if you would like to see it non biased.

From rizrah's post, looks like the diamond will last, so much for the spiel about it crushing popcorn, they must have eluded to mention that the corn was already "popped"
No wonder they never posted a video which was promised countless times.

Don't need them for the 3 roller either. In fact, I'd like to see you try use one!
True, plus all malted grain doesn't necessarily mill efficiently through a credit card gap.

Back