• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Flat Bottomed Test Tubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
I seem to have run out of test tubes for yeast farming! Was wondering if anyone had any flat bottomed test tubes that they wanted to offload? A couple of years ago, there was a bulk buy of 50ml graduated flat bottomed test tubes - those would be ideal! But honestly, anything as long as it's...

- autoclaveable
- flat bottomed
- 20-50ml

would do. Obviously I'm happy to pay cost + postage, and I'd be after between 20 and 100, depending on what's available?

Thanks guys, looks just like what I need. I assume that these are autoclaveable? I can't seem to find that info on there, but I'll go with that assumption, and write them off if they don't withstand the pressure cooker.

Looks like there's currently a bulk buy starting up for test tubes...

At $16 for 50, I've just been using them as disposable. Perfect size/shape for slants and they come sterile which is a big plus. No idea if they're autoclavable, they're PolyPropolene - "Commercial isotactic PP has a melting point that ranges from 160 to 166 C".

$16 + a pack of Agar = set for slants for a couple of years.

No idea if they're autoclavable but I use them in a double boiler with the lid on and steam them for 20min. Haven't had any issues with them melting,bending or going white.
Mind you this process is no where near autoclave temps.

FYI postage was $12, I paid $30.80 delivered for my 50 in Feb once they slapped the GST on. Still good value.

At $16 for 50, I've just been using them as disposable. Perfect size/shape for slants and they come sterile which is a big plus. No idea if they're autoclavable, they're PolyPropolene - "Commercial isotactic PP has a melting point that ranges from 160 to 166 C".

$16 + a pack of Agar = set for slants for a couple of years.

That sounds like much the answer i would come up with. Pack of 50 for $16 = 32c a go. They come sterile, perfect.

Though autoclave temps are from around 120c, 134c or above for a good while for a sterile output enviroment.

Thanks for the responses guys!

@Nibbo - Thanks, I saw the bulk buy, but it looks as though they're going with rounded bottom tt's

So I ordered 150 of these between 3 people, total was $66 (incl. postage) which is great value.

Back