• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Dual Output Reg.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im after a dual output / dual pressure regulator to help be push out beer from two different kegs.

Let me know if you have anything...

Thanks.

Not sure if you know, so, I'll say it anyway :)

You only need dual output if you want to push the beer out at two different pressures. Otherwise a splitter on the output line from the regulator is all you need

Thanks for that, would I need to push different styles of beer out at different pressures?
And for carbonation in the keg would I need to have a different pressure on a keg initially to carbonate it?
Cheers

You need to balance your lines so you can carbonate and push the beer out at a reasonable speed.
This is google randomness on the subject, http://www.brewersfriend.com/2009/07/18/getting-a-good-pour-kegged-beer-co2-line-length-and-pressure/
There's a spreadsheet linked on here somewhere on balancing your system.

You can strike for a compromise carbonation level between two kegs of different styles, so the whole setup will balance at the same level.
This is probably the most straightforward way to start with.

Otherwise, you could carbonate Keg #1, say at 2 volumes, disconnect it from the gas. Then connect and carbonate Keg #2 at a higher level, say 3.7 volumes and drink it.

Disconnect #2 and connect #1, drink it. etc.. = 2 kegs at different carb levels. Always isolated from each other so they don't balance to the same carbonation level.

Or dual output reg,, or...

It does seem like with just two kegs dual output reg is possibly overkill, just my (badly expressed) 2c but then I have 5 kegs and a dual output reg so...

Latest posts

Back