• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb - Cheap Plate Chiller - Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakbeer

Reaction score
Keen on getting a plate chiller, not keen on paying $130 + delivery

If anyone has one lying around that they don't use anymore please let me know & you can get some $$ for it

I seem them offered on here all the time but I'm too slow & someone beats me to the buy

have you tried keg king mate? or is that the $130 option?

I couldn't find any on the KK site?

the $130 one is from Mash Master

I couldn't find any on the KK site?

the $130 one is from Mash Master

Click on the price list at the top of the page. Page 18 of 40. Chillout mkIII 30 plate $119.95.

I have one of the duda diesel 'style of jobbies' like on eBay and having seen one of the above style in real life, I'd go the mk111 (which seems the same as the mashmaster chillout mkIII). They just look to be a better quality item and are certainly much larger (potentially better at doing what you want it to do).
Likewise I have heard folks say that 20 plate jobbies don't cut the mustard either.
You may prefer 1/2" NPT fittings on the chiller to attach a thermo, you could still do it even with barbed fittings (as per mkIII). Barbs are not so bad, the are possibly easier to clean. There are pros and cons either way in the NPT vs barbs debate.

You'd be happy at $80 perhaps? Spend the extra $40 and get a decent one. Even on eBay I can't see a 30 plate chiller for much less than $100 delivered (and they may be smaller and thus not as effective).
Or hang in there for a 2nd hand one as per your OP, just don't be in a rush.

You may just get a cheaper one from someone upgrading, which you would probably do too at some stage...

Latest posts

Back