• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Cast Alluminium Cold Plate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a cold plate that they don't use anymore that they would like to sell?

I'm in Sydney, but driving down to Melbourne today so I could pickup anywhere along the way.

If not, does anyone have any experience with the keg king ones?

Cheers,

Hi mate, used a keg king cold plate for the first time today, worked a treat. Worth every penny, and with the reg set to 20psi and a flow control tap there was no balancing needed.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1479469908.695803.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1479469932.972349.jpg

Good luck with looking for one

Thanks WE5TY for your feedback.

Did you have the kegs chilled or does it manage to get warm beer down to temp, understanding that you can't use it to continuously?

I was down in Melbourne, so I ended up grabbing one.

Cheers.

The keg was cold coming out of the fridge, and I put the sleeve on it to try to keep it cool but it sat in a hot car from Melbourne to falls creek (5hrs) so heated up to ambient pretty quick. But 5 min after putting ice in the esky it was serving cold beer from a warm keg. I have a rubbish esky so the ice melted within a few hours but I didn't notice the beer coming out warm - the water was still pretty cold. There was 8 of us drinking it, and I didn't notice any temp change when pouring the first 8 beers in a row - I wouldn't have much of a problem pouring continuously from it as I think the block cools the beer as it moves through it.

WE5TY said:
The keg was cold coming out of the fridge, and I put the sleeve on it to try to keep it cool but it sat in a hot car from Melbourne to falls creek (5hrs) so heated up to ambient pretty quick. But 5 min after putting ice in the esky it was serving cold beer from a warm keg. I have a rubbish esky so the ice melted within a few hours but I didn't notice the beer coming out warm - the water was still pretty cold. There was 8 of us drinking it, and I didn't notice any temp change when pouring the first 8 beers in a row - I wouldn't have much of a problem pouring continuously from it as I think the block cools the beer as it moves through it.

Thanks Mate. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back