• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: brewing books

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has any brewing books that they want to sell?

I've got Palmer's how to brew, but that is it.

Please let me know which books and how much you want for them. Thought I'd try before I hit the purchase button on evil Bay.

Thanks.

I have the Brewer's Publications "Hops" book if you want it. Go for Designing Great Beers if you can. Great book.

While we're at it does anyone have a copy of Kunze they'd like to sell? Of course 5150 would have first crack at it, but I'll take second crack. Wait... ;)

I have a bundle but I won't have a list till the end of the month.

I'm a big fan of TBD too. Most of my brewing books were around $20 delivered. I don't have any of the heavier texts, maybe one day...

The Yeast book is a good read. Radical Brewing is cool. Agree about Designing Great Beers, a very handy reference to match styles.

I've got a copy of Guinard's "Lambic" from the Classic Series in mint condition if you're willing to part with $5378. :p

I kid you not - look it up....

Thanks Gentlemen,

I greatly appreciate your responses. TBD is great and yeah, cheapest by far. I've just bought "Designing Great Beers", was top of my list to buy, "Brewing Like a monk", I love Abbey style beers, and "Brewing up Business", I enjoyed the the Series.

Mardoo, I'd love the "Hops" book, let me know what you want for it. :) If anyone has the Kunze book you want it's all yours.

Manticle, let me know what you have and what you would for them. Thanks.

Camo6, I'll keep my eye out for radical brewing and at a later stage the yeast book.

MartinOC, Thanks for the offer, but I just checked and I don't have a spare $5378 spare floating for a book. :unsure: Funnily enough the first link when I searched for it came up with a PDF. :ph34r: I'm not into Lambic's at the moment.

Thanks Again.

Kunze book is only €150 from the publisher, 225usd from siebel or several grand from some idiot on ebay.

I doubt you'll find many happily selling it off - interested myself as I can't quite justify 250aud unless I decide to study brewing - a career change I'm not considering.

The only two books I think you need is designing great beers by Ray Daniels and how's to brew by John Palmer

Need is a matter of definition - depends on what level you want to take your theoretical knowledge. Those two are great but they are both on my 'to sell' list.

manticle said:
Kunze book is only €150 from the publisher, 225usd from siebel or several grand from some idiot on ebay.

I doubt you'll find many happily selling it off - interested myself as I can't quite justify 250aud unless I decide to study brewing - a career change I'm not considering.
I"m fine buying it from someone selling it in frustration. Or ennui...

Ennui.jpg

aussie brewer said:
The only two books I think you need is designing great beers by Ray Daniels and how's to brew by John Palmer
Add 'Brewing Classic Styles' and the 'Hops', 'Grain', 'Yeast' and (begrudgingly) 'Water' books to that list, for me.

Mitch Steele's 'IPA' book is also decent.

I wouldn't part with any of them though, good reference books.

for those who use book depot if you follow the link in my sg it gives some $$ to Melbourne brewers that we use to stock our library

ta

Brewing classic styles and American sours are the only two books I constantly refer to. I've got almost 10 more but wouldn't part with them.

Latest posts

Back