WTB Braumeister Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sadly my Braumeister controller exited the brewing world today. It had been a loyal servant for several years and had never once let me down, but today it brewed its last batch. With a faint gasp and the unmistakable smell of burning plastic, it entered the afterlife.
Before I go ahead and buy the upgraded controller, I wanted to see if anyone has one of the older controllers kicking around gathering dust and would be happy to see it given a new life.
Mine is a 50 litre Brau, I'm on the Sunshine Coast, QLD and would be happy to pay a fair price for a working unit and hopefully the power cord also, as this too has bitten the dust.

So it was just the power cord that needed replacing BDD?

Yeah Razz, yesterday evening when it happened, I thought for sure that I'd blown the controller, but this morning I was able to check it over and it looked as though the cable was all that was damaged. Once I plugged in the new cable, filled it with enough water to cover the elements and fired it up, everything worked fine.
The circuit breaker had tripped out when it happened, so any further damage was prevented.

Sorry to keep asking Q’s BDD. With the new power cable what length did you get please? I’m still using the original cord but was thinking about getting a 5 mtr cable so I can move my BM around a bit more.

All good razz, ask away. The cable I bought is about the same length as the original. I couldn't see any other lengths, but I'm sure they're available. The only difference is the original has a clip that locks the plug into place. The one I bought doesn't.

Back