Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Braumeister Controller

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Black Devil Dog, 31/8/19.

1. Black Devil Dog

Posted 31/8/19
    Sadly my Braumeister controller exited the brewing world today. It had been a loyal servant for several years and had never once let me down, but today it brewed its last batch. With a faint gasp and the unmistakable smell of burning plastic, it entered the afterlife.
    Before I go ahead and buy the upgraded controller, I wanted to see if anyone has one of the older controllers kicking around gathering dust and would be happy to see it given a new life.
    Mine is a 50 litre Brau, I'm on the Sunshine Coast, QLD and would be happy to pay a fair price for a working unit and hopefully the power cord also, as this too has bitten the dust.

2. Coalminer

Retired
    Posted 31/8/19
    Power cord is just a standard computer power supply cable

MHB, TwoCrows and Black Devil Dog like this.
  3. Black Devil Dog

Posted 1/9/19
    Thanks Coalminer, a trip to Jaycar for a new 15amp cable has done the trick. Not as catastrophic as I first feared.

Coalminer and TwoCrows like this.
  4. razz

Pro Pro

Posted 1/9/19
    So it was just the power cord that needed replacing BDD?

5. Black Devil Dog

Posted 1/9/19
    Yeah Razz, yesterday evening when it happened, I thought for sure that I'd blown the controller, but this morning I was able to check it over and it looked as though the cable was all that was damaged. Once I plugged in the new cable, filled it with enough water to cover the elements and fired it up, everything worked fine.
    The circuit breaker had tripped out when it happened, so any further damage was prevented.

razz and wide eyed and legless like this.
  6. razz

Pro Pro

Posted 1/9/19
    Sorry to keep asking Q’s BDD. With the new power cable what length did you get please? I’m still using the original cord but was thinking about getting a 5 mtr cable so I can move my BM around a bit more.

7. Black Devil Dog

Posted 1/9/19
    All good razz, ask away. The cable I bought is about the same length as the original. I couldn't see any other lengths, but I'm sure they're available. The only difference is the original has a clip that locks the plug into place. The one I bought doesn't.

razz likes this.