• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB / Borrow - 2400W 1" BSP Element (Newcastle Area)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevgale

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just received all the bits to build a new HEX for my HERMS system and want to test it out and maybe do a brew. The only problem being that I am still waiting for my electric element to arrive.

So anyway, if somebody has a spare 2000-2500W 1" BSP screw in element that I could either buy or borrow in the Newcastle area it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Trev

trevgale said:
Hi All,

I just received all the bits to build a new HEX for my HERMS system and want to test it out and maybe do a brew. The only problem being that I am still waiting for my electric element to arrive.

So anyway, if somebody has a spare 2000-2500W 1" BSP screw in element that I could either buy or borrow in the Newcastle area it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Trev
And it needs to be approx 250mm long ?
Nev

Online Brewing Supplies said:
And it needs to be approx 250mm long ?
Nev
I can get away with the element being up to 300mm long.

I got given a tri clove pipe spool and have just bought some fittings to suit, it ends up about 50mm longer than your HXSS.

Based on what I spent all up I think I would have been better of just selling the spool on ebay and buying one of your packages, especially given that I have to drill the holes in the thick stainless end cap tomorrow which could be fun.

Nev, I got your coil and fittings today, great quality I would recommend it to anyone.

trevgale said:
I can get away with the element being up to 300mm long.

I got given a tri clove pipe spool and have just bought some fittings to suit, it ends up about 50mm longer than your HXSS.

Based on what I spent all up I think I would have been better of just selling the spool on ebay and buying one of your packages, especially given that I have to drill the holes in the thick stainless end cap tomorrow which could be fun.

Nev, I got your coil and fittings today, great quality I would recommend it to anyone.
Trev
The end cap with the two gland threads was the hardest part to have made, they had to be threaded into the end cap as I couldnt find glands long enough to go all the way through with a locking nut.
And there was the problem of the nut would foul the seal on the spool also.
Welcome to my world of pain build design.
Nev

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Trev
The end cap with the two gland threads was the hardest part to have made, they had to be threaded into the end cap as I couldnt find glands long enough to go all the way through with a locking nut.
And there was the problem of the nut would foul the seal on the spool also.
Welcome to my world of pain build design.
Nev
Nev,

Thanks for the post, it made me double check my setout points for the holes. Drilling the thick stainless cap was a pain and I think I've chipped all the TC of my hole saw, I would definitely recommend that people just buy your pre-made HSXX.

Anyway I got it all together and in the end decided not to use the glands. Instead I sandwiched the cap between the compression fitting and the elbow / tee.

Cheers
Trev

Still interested in buying an element if anybody has one, for pickup in the Newcastle area, I might just have to grab one from Nev. I don't think I can wait a week and a half for the one I ordered from the US the with some other to arrive.

Latest posts

Back