• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: BNE: Kegerator (sort of)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
This is a sort of WTB post. Not sort of because I dunno if I want to buy a kegerator - that's sorted, it's my anniversary present, SWMBO approved, fan-freaking-tastic.

This is a sort of post, because I've seen these on keg king

They're pretty good. Intertap, for better or worse and an all in one unit. I can deal with extra taps later and squeeze it out of future presents.

My DIY skills are shot and I have a 5th child on the way (yes, I know buy a telly, blah blah) and no tools of any great quantity. So a homemade (by me) keezer for 2 or three kegs is out.

The one proviso the Mrs has put on is that the kegerator I get must look good in the house, not like a slap in the face. Hence why she's happy with the Keg King S4.

Me, I'm happy with it, but I do like the look of the rigs some of you brewers have, especially covered in wood.

I don't want the extra 10 keg keezer, happy with something that holds 3-4 kegs. It's more the look of some of the freestanding wooden clad keg fridges/freezers with a font on top or whatever. The option of saving a few bob isn't lost of me either, should that happen.

So I thought I'd chuck it out there and see if any brewer has one that they were considering on upgrading. Fridge/freezer must work.

Some inspiration (they don't have to be this elaborate, but a good idea of what I mean by wood):

15114325344_26fe78446a_c.jpg

new-kegerator-diy-build-page-home-brew-forums-13937221168nkg4.jpg

0378b0c34b4cd366f4e251980cdc5966.jpg

keezer_driptray.jpg

26bd62412e2d52ad0314fd248d59c8a9.jpg

You could just clad that ready made kegerator to look like what ever you like. It would look and function great. I've been thinking about that with mine. Extending the width to add spirits, books, cd's etc.

Cube said:
You could just clad that ready made kegerator to look like what ever you like. It would look and function great. I've been thinking about that with mine. Extending the width to add spirits, books, cd's etc.
I reckon it would. I'm more thinking about the fact that I have poor DIY skills, little tools (I haven't replaced them all) and a lack of time to put it into action.

And I do like what some are doing with their kegerators/keezers, both coffins, collared and the elaborateness of them.

Someone just might be thinking about their next project and happy to move a smaller style one on.

Forgot to mention, the other reason is we rent and it has to be relatively portable.

Where are you LRG, some friendly forum member may loan you their skills/tools to help build

Brisbane, sp0rk.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I was sort of looking for a way for me to grab something 'different', if a member wants to offload their unit (or is thinking of it) - sort of a mutually agreeable thing. 7 weeks until a kid comes, and I won't have time to do too much.

If I don't manage to get quite that, it's not a major drama - more a case of chucking it out there and seeing whether anyone wants to sell and if they don't, I'll grab the kegking unit.

Not for sale but here's a picture of mine to give more inspiration and to also agree that prerequisites to build one that SWMBO will let in the house include some skills, some tools and lots of time.

Also if you're thinking about cladding make sure you consider the airflow and cooling needs of the appliance. Chest freezers emit their heat from all sides, mine only has small clearances so i have countered that with vents and fans for air circulation. Not sure where those KK units lose their heat from, maybe just the back?

med_gallery_7015_1330_59295.jpg

You could just put a vinyl wrap over the KK one.
Timber look. That's what I did to the ugly white thing I built.
All you need is a ruler and a pair of scissors.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1473231991.015672.jpg

5 kids - Crikey, last time we talked it was only 3. I must have off this forum longer than I realised.

Back