• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: BNE: Cheap Crappy 3 tap font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Thought I'd chuck this out there.

I have a kegerator purchased 2nd hand and it's in pretty good nick. But the font is "chrome" and the "chrome" is pitted on the tower and rusty at the bottom. Plus it's a 2 tap font, and I want 3. Ideally I'd like to replace it with a really nice good one in time (same goes for the taps) but realistically I won't be able to afford it for a while.

So as a stop gap measure, I'm looking at a 3 tap font (and a third tap). And I'm wondering if anyone in BNE has a cheap one they want to offload because they are making (or have made) the upgrade I'll make in future.

Here's a link to an evilbay version:

The keg is stored inside in a cool environment, so I'm hoping that foaming won't be an issue. But that's my problem.

So anyone that has junk lying around - this might be a chance to get rid of it. Might make SWMBO happy.

Call Ross.
I believe he has or had a stack of shyte Chinese fonts that came gratis in a box inside a kegerator and he refused to sell them on due to their reputation-poisoning quality, so just collected them on a pallet. What a man.
If he hasn't already sent them to God you might be able to pick up a cheapy.

Thanks Bribie, I will ask him.

Yob said:
That tassie one did ya head in LRG? ;)
Tassie always does my head in - good and bad. I really wonder what I'm doing one day to the next when it comes to Tassie. Seriously though - that was an awesome font. I'm not looking at that immediately, but long term I'll build this kegerator to what I want. It's taken me a year of careful, frugal grafting to get it to the point where (time and baby permitting) I can get a great reconditioned kegging system going. So I don't mind waiting for a font long term that I really like. Same goes with the taps. When I replace, it'll be perlicks.

You could just drill another hole in your existing tower and just buy a cheap tap and shank assembly.

Bridgey23 said:
You could just drill another hole in your existing tower and just buy a cheap tap and shank assembly.
I don't have the tools and buying the tools for a stop gap solution would cost more than the solution would. I don't want cheap taps, it was more the font I wanted crappy and cheap. The taps I eventually get will be perlicks or something good (I'll buy one perlick to add to the two "standard Keg King" taps) and when the right font comes up (or I have the $$ to shell out for a really nice 3 tap font), I'll grab it, and if not already acquired, the extra perlicks.

I will have a look at the Andale ones Jesse - they aren't too far from me here. Just wish their website had prices.

Andale at the gabba area often have 2nd hand they sometimes do cheap

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I don't have the tools and buying the tools for a stop gap solution would cost more than the solution would. I don't want cheap taps, it was more the font I wanted crappy and cheap. The taps I eventually get will be perlicks or something good (I'll buy one perlick to add to the two "standard Keg King" taps) and when the right font comes up (or I have the $$ to shell out for a really nice 3 tap font), I'll grab it, and if not already acquired, the extra perlicks.

I will have a look at the Andale ones Jesse - they aren't too far from me here. Just wish their website had prices.
Hey Lord,

I have a spare S/S keg king two tap font just sitting around as I bought a better S/S font.
I can drill you another hole if you want and I've got a spare perlick 545FC polished chrome tap you're welcome too as well.
If you want it, it will give me the incentive to change over my font finally.

Edit: If you've got a bit of beer in kegs you can spare, if I can fill a mini 5L keg or 2 in exchange, that would be awesome as I've been a bit slack on the brewing front lately.

Thanks redman, I just bought a crappy font from CB and an extra intertap. Argh,just a day late. This font is a 6-12month stop gap.

Thank you so much for offering it. I really appreciate it!

I am interested in the tap though.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Thanks redman, I just bought a crappy font from CB and an extra intertap. Argh,just a day late. This font is a 6-12month stop gap.

Thank you so much for offering it. I really appreciate it!

I am interested in the tap though.
No probs, I actually have 2 of the Perlick 545FC polished chrome taps I'll never use as my bar is outside.
I was going to use them for my portable rigs but I found out flow control is more hassle than it's worth on portable stuff with other people pouring and playing.

Trade for filling a mini keg or 2 if you have spare beer as I said?

Latest posts

Back