• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb - Big Stainless Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groucho

Reaction score
Hi All.

I'm looking to buy a 100 litre (or greater) Stainless Steel stockpot or equivalent that I can use as a kettle. Ideally I would like something nice (like a Blichmann or Beerbelly etc), so if you have something that you think will fit my needs then please PM me with the details.

I am also interested in any converted kegs that could be used as a mash tun or HLT.

I am willing to courier from any part of Australia.

Thanks,
Groucho

Hi unrealeous. Yep, I have already entertained the idea of a custom fabrication..... thought I'd try my luck here first.

do you have a price range? I've recently done a huge search for stock pots if you have a price range i can give you some links places i checked out :)
I ended up getting aluminium for the cheapness but i came across lots of good ss ones along the way.

do you have a price range? I've recently done a huge search for stock pots if you have a price range i can give you some links places i checked out :)
I ended up getting aluminium for the cheapness but i came across lots of good ss ones along the way.

Price range: I was seriously looking at purchasing a 208 liter Blichmann BoilerMaker which is $1195 brand new (no longer in stock). That should give you an indication of what I am willing to spend....

I'm also not really interested in anything of low quality.

Price range: I was seriously looking at purchasing a 208 liter Blichmann BoilerMaker which is $1195 brand new (no longer in stock). That should give you an indication of what I am willing to spend....

I'm also not really interested in anything of low quality.

just me, but if i was looking at $1200 for a just a kettle then a sabco system wouldn't be out of the question, my 2 bobs..

http://www.brew-magic.com/bmindex.html

Dave

if i had unlimited cash i would wait for a 200L SS Drum to pop up - rare but they do come up - then freight it over to be pimped out by beer belly. whirlpool returns, chiller, hop stopper....burger with the lot.

http://www.beerbelly.com.au/index.html ?
If he doesnt have a size suitable I'm sure you could ask wayne if he is able to fabricate something (just going by his website the biggest he goes to in SS is 98L so that might present a problem)

Are you looking to heat with gas or electric?
If electric a 44 gal SS drum would be the go. Dunno how they go on gas - but I have heard that people put them on italian spirals to make tomato sauce...

there was a thread on here recently with 205L SS drums for about $200 brand spankers

Thanks for all the replies.

If you think you have something that I'm looking for please PM me.

Regards,
Groucho

be carefull with the drums there is heaps of different wall and base thickness's.

check refuse/tip shops and the local scrap yards, i've come across 2 kegs in the last month

Dave

Latest posts

Back