• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: 50l Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattric

Reaction score
Greetings one and all,

I'm looking to procure a 50L keg to turn into a keggle.
Post code: 2144

Regards,
Matt

Greetings one and all,

I'm looking to procure a 50L keg to turn into a keggle.
Post code: 2144

Regards,
Matt

Check out your local tip. Out one has a tip shop that sells them sometimes.

QldKev

ya tip shops or I have found a few at scrap mettle dealers

No idea of your location but Local Taphouse (Melb & Sydney) clear their German & Canadian ones out at very low prices regularly because they can't send those ones back. Worth checking the taphouse blog or googling 'local taphouse kegs for sale' they tend to clear them at least twice a year.

Keg King in Springvale Vic sell them but I think they are quite pricey there.

Cheers,

Hopper.

I'd be hesitant about buying them from a tip-shop - same with buying them from Ebay - just because you pay someone money for them, it does not make it legal for you to own them if they are still the property of a Brewery. If they are stamped with a particular brewery name, and belong to a company who'd want them back - if they knew about it - I'm not sure that 'buying' them from anyone is legal. You may as well save the cash given to someone who is not allowed to sell them, and pinch them yourself*. ;)

As HoppingMad said, The Local Tap House is a good option, since they sell their international kegs, mind you, I think they sell them for about the same price as Keg King (in Springvale, Melbourne) which is around the $40-50 mark.

* I'm not saying that anyone should steal kegs, just suggesting that if they are still the property of a brewery, then 'buying' one from an unauthorized third-party is essentially the same as stealing one yourself, except you've wasted your money.

Latest posts

Back