• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB 50L Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lickapop

Reaction score
Hi just checking if anyone wants to sell their 50L brau before I go and buy a new one. Im keen as mustard.
50L only folks
Thanks

absolutely not trying to tell you what to do, but there is such a wealth of knowledge here in regards to matho's brau controller and many many brau clones, you could easily make one yourself. Nothing better than brewing on something you have made.

Just a thought :)

I have thought about it and capable to do so, but it is a time vs money trade off for me atm. I do enjoy my builds but too busy at work.
Thanks though

lickapop said:
Hi just checking if anyone wants to sell their 50L brau before I go and buy a new one. Im keen as mustard.
50L only folks
Thanks
Where are you located? I may need to downsize in the coming months, although ideally I was hoping to trade with someone wanting to upgrade from a 20L.

What do the 50L's in good condition go for in terms of % of RRP?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
What do the 50L's in good condition go for in terms of % of RRP?
Has anyone ever sold one?!

With absolutely no knowledge at a complete guess I would think 75%

Parks said:
Has anyone ever sold one?!

With absolutely no knowledge at a complete guess I would think 75%
I would have thought at least 90% :ph34r: :D

Good question though. If I end up trading, I would be looking for equal depreciation as a percentage, assuming they were similar age, condition, etc.

I'm sure you might be able to get 90% but it would need to be x% cheaper than new for people to risk buying second hand IMO.

:)

Parks said:
I'm sure you might be able to get 90% but it would need to be x% cheaper than new for people to risk buying second hand IMO.

:)
Agreed, for 90% I'll buy new.

Oh you'll be happy azz with you 50lt Braumeister as well.

DSCF3696.JPG

Parks said:
Batz said:
Agreed, for 90% I'll buy new.
Hmm, the sarcasm font mustn't be working. Parks' 75% guesstimate seems more plausible.

I wonder if the warranty is transferable if you're trading models.

I got the sarcasm, I just failed to write a response that reciprocated it :)

And you can usually get 10% off it if buying at the right time from a Retailer (G&G have a sale twice a year and offer 10% of Braumeisters). I sold by 20L for 76% of full price (great condition, less than 1 year old) and it still took 2 weeks to move it. I reckon 75-80% sounds right, providing a 10-15% discount over the sale price of a new unit.

I sold a 20l in good nic for about 25% less than rrp a few years back. It was a little small for me.

I am in Townsville tallie. I'm keen to work out a deal. Pm you when I get home.

So did you end up finding a good deal? I'm keen for a 50L Braumeister too, been looking for any end of financial year sales but no luck so far. 10% off would be awesome....

Ionos said:
So did you end up finding a good deal? I'm keen for a 50L Braumeister too, been looking for any end of financial year sales but no luck so far. 10% off would be awesome....
Grain and grape do 10% or 20% off each year, usually around Father's Day (I think that it's usually 10% off BM). Not sure of the delivery cost from Melb to Adelaide, however even with delivery, it'd still be cheaper than paying full price.

Try talking to one of our sponsors who sell them, sometimes they will do you a deal.

you should be able to walk in with the cash and offer then and there, and could be a good chance of success, (especially now as it's EOFY and it's better off the balance sheet)

Back