• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: 2 Litre Erlenmeyer Flask

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
I am wanting a 2 Litre Erlenmeyer Flask.

I purchased one not long ago from an AHB'er but unfortunately it got smashed during transit so am now wanting another. Even a link to where one can be purchased at a reasonable price. I'm also getting the 1 Litre flask from KK for about $10 + p&h which is a good price.

I am wanting a 2 Litre Erlenmeyer Flask.

I purchased one not long ago from an AHB'er but unfortunately it got smashed during transit so am now wanting another. Even a link to where one can be purchased at a reasonable price. I'm also getting the 1 Litre flask from KK for about $10 + p&h which is a good price.

PM Wolfy mate, he told me recently about a supply place not far from me :icon_chickcheers:

Thanks guys, I PM'ed Wolfy too.

I found this FLASK ERLENMYER-ECONOMY GG17 BOROSILICATE 2000ml for $14.52 at Wiltronics but have no idea if it is suitable.... I have never heard of "economy GG17 Borosilicate" before.

SSAPL looks pretty cheap too at $14.20

Edit: doh... stupid me... I am after a 2 litre one not the 1 litre!!

I brought from Wiltronics off ebay my 2L and it did the job - but I was never confident enough to put it on a flame or hotplate.

I reckon I'd have to put mine in a pot of boiling water as I have an induction cooktop so glass won't really heat up directly on it.

I have a 2L one from Wiltronics. Happily sat it on a flame many a time and no issues. It seems thick and sturdy, unlike the 5L beaker I ordered from them!

me too (happy with 2L erlenmeyer and used on flames many times followed by immersion in ice water)..very happy with wiltronics products, and delivery costs and times!!

If you use SSAPL you have to ring them before hand, pay by CC over the phone then pick it up from the wharehouse, you cant just rock up (at least thats what they told me). Good quality though as i just got stir bar's and a flask from them.

me too (happy with 2L erlenmeyer and used on flames many times followed by immersion in ice water)..very happy with wiltronics products, and delivery costs and times!!

+1 for wiltronics. My 2L flask regularly sits on the flame and then gets dumped into the ice bath. Came well packaged too, austalia post had done their best to destroy the box, but my flask lived to brew another day. Makes a bloody good wine decanter too.

Ah great! Looks like we are onto a winner.

I just bought the last one in that sale. Nevertheless, if anyone else wants one they have relisted.

Got this email from SSAPL,

As regards to purchasing this product from SSA we are not open to the public but you may place an order for this glassware and pay for it in advance. Once it is ready for pick up we will call you.

However, 2 L Erlenmeyer flasks are a restricted item and an End User Declaration must to be filled out and sent to us prior to any transaction. This is sent for approval to the Authorities. We can send you a form to fill out if you wish to proceed with your order.

Seems like a lot of work when you can just order from the various eBay sites listed earlier..

Seems like a lot of work when you can just order from the various eBay sites listed earlier..

yep and a bit far for me to pick up too. nevertheless, they appear to have good prices if you are around their area.

wtf? Round bottom flasks are on "the list" requiring EUD's but not Erlenmeyers, plenty of people selling them on ebay, brewshops etc... besides the EUD would just say "homebrewing of BEER not METH your honour"

http://scienceindustry.com.au/storage/documents/Code.pdf

Glassware
Round bottom reaction flask: capacity 500ml or greater
(including the repair or modification)
Condenser: joint size B19 or greater
Splash Heads and Distillation Heads

Scientific Apparatus
Heating mantles: capacity 500ml or greater
(including the repair or supply of parts)
Pill presses: manual or mechanical
Rotary Evaporators

Seratech have them I think, Proscitech too possibly.
I broke mine and have replaced with a $8 5L glass jar from a cheapy shop, works fine for excess wort/starters but I just sanitize like a fermenter, no heating on stove etc.

Back