• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: 1100L Blue Techni Ice Esky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idzy

Reaction score
WTB 1100L Blue Techni Ice Esky, happy to collect from as far as Echuca.

A 1.1 Ton esky that is a mash tun !

20151205_022227.jpeg

CSI are expecting the DNA tests to come back any day now.

I reckon results will come back positive, you'll be expecting a baby techni in about 9 months.

We know what the results will be, how extensive is the great unknown but Adam looked a lot lighter as he left...

;)

I was thinking we could start the 'Idzy's 1100L Blue Esky Appeal' to reunite me with my loved one.

Okay, just bumping this expression of interest to the top of the pile. Calling all cars...!

idzy said:
Okay, just bumping this expression of interest to the top of the pile. Calling all cars...!
The 16 to25? Bags of malt to fill that baby would have cost more than the tun after only a few brews!

You know that's actually where the word comes from?

Tun is the English spelling of tonne (plural tonneaux), originally a 900 litre wine barrel*, later a general term for any similar container. Since the empty tonne weighs about 100 kg and the wine weighs about 900 kg, "tonne" got chosen as the name for a megagram.

Further factoid: "shipping tonnes" weren't a weight at all, but a volume: the number of 900 litre barrels you could fit on board. Ships are now rated in TFCEs.

*A barrel half the size of a tonne is a puncheon, a third is a hogshead, a quarter is a quarter cask or barrique and an eighth is an octave.

Well, there you go, thanks for that Mark.

I've been checking out some of your handy work on the net and aren't you a clever bloke. I'm a mountain biker myself though certainly appreciate your efforts with your roady designs.

I've designed a couple of frames myself though they have nothing on the absolutely beautiful work you have done.

Sorry for the offtopic

Back