• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTA NW Tassie Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
WTA (Wanted to Acquire, not Women Tennis Association, though watching Sharapova is always easy on the eyes) - which means if I don't have to pay for them, I'd prefer not to.

I would like some tallies - I don't mind if they're screwies, but prefer crown of course. I don't mind Boags Draught, but can't see myself drinking through 30 tallies of it just to get the bottle.

I live in Shearwater (which is about 20km out of Devonport), but I'm regularly in Devonport as well. Happy to travel if needed.

I couldn't take 100 odd tallies with me, though the one thing I kept was my bottle capper .

Thanks to anyone with info in advance. Yep - I did look at gumtree and the advocate first.

And if anyone knows (other than supercheap auto) where something that can be used for a fermenter (I'd prefer 30-50L), I'd be really really appreciate.

Thank you brew brothers in a massive way. Especially those who have already been more than generous to a virtual friend but physical stranger.

Goomba

Can't help with tallies, but I can loan you some (have 100+) Coopers 750ml plastic bottles to tide you over.

36 tallies are yours - 1 x 25l fermenter to loan - here if you want them. The fermenter is not the standard coopers one, has a very large opening, much easier to clean. Comes with unused lid and bubbler. Im a glad wrapper, ferment in the cube type of bloke.
Otherwise I know the brew shop in Burnie did sell 60 litre fermenters. Not sure now but I can find out for you. Ulverstone wholefoods also sell them I think.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Thanks guys for all your advice. I'm doing better than I thought getting toward up and running. But I forgot how hard it is to rebuild a home brewery from scratch (whilst keeping the missus happy and getting her the stuff she wants for the house).

@LagerBomb, mate you're the bomb - helping me out with where to grab stuff. I'll grab those things off you sometime soon. I'll see if I can convince the missus that a trip to Burnie is worth it. 25L will be fine for the first batch or two. I do use the 25L bunnings ones, but I did have a 30L and it gave me lots of fun and flexibility.

@ianh - thanks mate - I might take you up on that one.

Looks like kegging may be a "never again" type of scenario so bottles are looking like the go on a permanent basis.

Cheers,
Chris

Back