Wrong Co2 Regulator?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all,

Just purchased a basic keg system and think I have may have the wrong type, or at least the wrong gauge on the regulator. The gauge shows kpa only and the range is 0 to 600kpa. Very difficult to set 8 or 12 PSI It is a Tesuco. Can the gauge be changed or should I have a different regulator

Peter

mxd

Reaction score
600 kpa => 84 psi, not too sure I see an issue

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
The only issue with using a gauge with different units is sharing ideas with other brewers. Im sure my gauge doesnt do psi either but i couldnt give a shit. The first time i used it i worked out what the unit conversion for my gauge was and now i just know where it sits and for how long etc....my gauge could show hectopascals, psi, kpa, or dogshit for all i care. The important thing is i know if its right or not.

And no, my regulator doesnt have dogshit on it... :icon_cheers:

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
The only issue with using a gauge with different units is sharing ideas with other brewers. Im sure my gauge doesnt do psi either but i couldnt give a shit. The first time i used it i worked out what the unit conversion for my gauge was and now i just know where it sits and for how long etc....my gauge could show hectopascals, psi, kpa, or dogshit for all i care. The important thing is i know if its right or not.

And no, my regulator doesnt have dogshit on it... :icon_cheers:

whats it just on the inside?? :p yep mines KPA its a little hard to get it perfect but its close enough. I mean you will only be able to judge about 5kpa increments.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
I think most of my problem is a healthy dark ale that is a little over carbonated and I has excellent head ...... finding my first keg a little difficult to get the pour right. May have force carbed it a little too much

Maybe less worry...... more beer..... maybe more head!!! ............ Sorry the dark devil is kicking in.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
yes its near impossible to balance a keg thats been force carbed as you dont know if its over or under carbed. Also I fine the head wont last straight off the bat you need to leave it a few more days.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Its lacing the glass and holding 10mm plus of head all the way down but pours a bit too heady. Have turned the gas off and a very slow pour seems to be the fix. The other issue is that the tap is about level with the top of the keg, may even be a bit lower....probably not the best position

mxd

Reaction score
there's a balancing spreadsheet around that will tell you pressure, line length for temp.

Maheel

Reaction score
Maybe less worry...... more beer..... maybe more head!!! ............ Sorry the dark devil is kicking in.
never say no to more head....
but if i pour a big head on a beer i just slurp the top off it, back off the flow control on the tap a bit and fill it a bit more :icon_drunk:

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
never say no to more head....
but if i pour a big head on a beer i just slurp the top off it, back off the flow control on the tap a bit and fill it a bit more :icon_drunk:
Dont have a flow control tap......... are they the go??

Maheel

Reaction score
my cheap Chinese one seems great.. it's all i have ever used but. So i have NFI really ?