Wow Who Would Of Thought.....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish13

Reaction score
i'm listening to Charles Bamforth's Brewmasters Art and he states that the Chinese brew the most of all country's...

And who would of SABmiller is a South african brewing company who purchased Miller from a ciggerate company.

Now i have no idea how old this is but serria nevada is the number 1 craft brewer of the states...

i'm listening to Charles Bamforth's Brewmasters Art and he states that the Chinese brew the most of all country's...

And who would of SABmiller is a South african brewing company who purchased Miller from a ciggerate company.

Now i have no idea how old this is but serria nevada is the number 1 craft brewer of the states...
Chinese apparently love the adjuncts like rice in their brews, but yeah I heard they are chewing through a lot of Australian malts as well.

he states that the Chinese brew the most of all country's...
Country with world's largest population brews the most. Whodathunkit?!

I believe Sierra Nevada to be the 6th biggest brewer in the states....from what i have been told.

I was of the understanding Boston Brewing Company was the biggest micro... prompting the head brewer to say that it's like "being the biggest pygmy"

Pretty much. Also beer in bags
tsingtao.jpeg

Brew In A Bag for Beer In A Bag....that's taking it a bit extreme innit??

Way to much head in those bags

^ Funny concept but I've always wondered if it would be possible to have a flexible bag you could ferment in. Reason being the cleanup would just involve throwing it out.

Let's say fresh wort kits came in flexible bags and because they're flexible the airspace could be all squeezed out, however once you open them up there's say 5L of head space. You add the yeast and close it off again. Then once the beer is finished and kegged/bottled you just throw it away.

Pretty sure they sell something like that in the UK. I remember my Pommy mate down the road telling me how his first brew was, in a bag :huh: . An extract that he just added yeast to

Craftbrewer ferment in bags.

Really? Didn't know that.

I'm imagining a sort of semi-automated production line style fresh wort kit system. The bags would start off with zero oxygen (flat) and then be filled until the weight is right, and then sealed. You'd think that'd be the way of the future.

Years ago a lot of homebrewers would brew in a bag in a rubbish bin. (Not the bin used for rubbish hopefully)

QldKev

knowing that they manufacture everything why didn't i think they did lots of brewing to hey.

serria nevada number 6 and largest mirco brewer and then the one you mentioned.

^ Funny concept but I've always wondered if it would be possible to have a flexible bag you could ferment in. Reason being the cleanup would just involve throwing it out.

Let's say fresh wort kits came in flexible bags and because they're flexible the airspace could be all squeezed out, however once you open them up there's say 5L of head space. You add the yeast and close it off again. Then once the beer is finished and kegged/bottled you just throw it away.

Bit environmentally uncool though. Reduce, reuse, recyle.

Back