Would You Eat Frozen Coors Light To Survive?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now i have a good case for always having a case of SN torpedo or similar in the car. Heaps of calories due to the high alc, and if i needed to do something heroic ( read stupid! ) i'd have enough dutch courge to do it hahaha.

now ive done a 3 day beer diet, or at least a 3 day beer bender with minal to none food, but i dint lose 7kg! fml... maybe they need to be frozen for it to work... will report back after new years :p

7kg lost in 3 days? Bullshit.

I didn't eat once for 5 days, excercising 2 hours a day, and I lost 3kg.

Maybe it was all the shivering that caused the weight loss?

I think the extreme cold causes the body to burn fat to try to keep warm. The average person requires approx 2500 calories per day to remain healthy and maintain body weight, in Polar regions this climbs to between 4000-6000 calories.

Cheers SJ

You can quite easily lose 7kg in one day. Fighters do it.

How much of that is water?

It takes 12 hours for your body to just get off the glycogen and onto the fat and start using ketones instead.

How much of that is water?

It takes 12 hours for your body to just get off the glycogen and onto the fat and start using ketones instead.

Almost all of it.

The point is that your anecdotal evidence means nothing to this particular case.

If anyone is an expert on what the body does when starved, dehydrated and in sub freezing conditions then please let us all know. I'm certainly not, but I know that losing 7kg in that time period isn't as bizarre as it sounds.

My wife recently gave birth to an 11 pound 8 baby - naturally...
She lost 7 kgs in one day As you can guess from my user name she (EDIT - the baby, not the wife. I hope she doen't read this) takes after me.

Maybe research the tiniest amount before posting?

My apologies.

What I meant to say was:

I find it very hard to believe that a professional sports body would allow such reckless and extreme weight loss immediately prior to a weigh-in, with the knowledge that the fighter would subsequently be well above weight in the actual bout. Your (as yet still) unreferenced statement of fact I will accept on face value.

I can assure you that my detailed knowledge of renal physiology does accept that it is entirely possible to lose far in excess of 7kg of weight (in fluid loss) in 24hrs, in certain conditions, though naturally these people aren't well enough to be in the back of cars sucking Coorcicles.

My apologies.

What I meant to say was:

I find it very hard to believe that a professional sports body would allow such reckless and extreme weight loss immediately prior to a weigh-in, with the knowledge that the fighter would subsequently be well above weight in the actual bout. Your (as yet still) unreferenced statement of fact I will accept on face value.

I can assure you that my detailed knowledge of renal physiology does accept that it is entirely possible to lose far in excess of 7kg of weight (in fluid loss) in 24hrs, in certain conditions, though naturally these people aren't well enough to be in the back of cars sucking Coorcicles.

In MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) a 7kg weight cut is not even considered extreme. Their weigh ins are 24 hours before the fight.

Further more the biggest organisation in MMA (The UFC) has a TV show where young fighters compete with each other to urn a UFC contract. In a lot of the earlier episodes the coaches of these fighters would call them pussies for having a hard time cutting weight. For example falling off exercise bikes while riding them in a hot sauna.

I don't agree with the practise, but it happens.

Anyway you've changed your opinion so it doesn't matter.

I've certainly seen guys do it in 3 days... 2 and bit a day is pretty easy, for a Heavyweight. I've boxed at <91kg before (Amateur Light Heavyweight) and have dropped a few and it's not too bad. It's less than 10%. Especially easier considering that if you don't make it you fight at +91kg, which means you could be facing a 130kg Tongan.

But 7kg (15lbs) in 24hrs would be a major stretch and i wouldn't be wanting to fight after doing that.

Saying all that though the guys could have been a 180kg monster... losing 7kg in 3 days was his body just saying "Thank Christ... he's laying off the fried chicken for a few days!"

Edit: 1 point being the bigger you are the more you're likely to fluctuate. eg me at 112Kg right now can fluctuate 1.5-2kg from morning to night. But doubt someone at 70kg fluctuates the same.

should see how much the f1 guys lose. i remember mark webber lost a shit load - roughly 4kg and he aint 100 he is about 70kg and yeah they look drained but still heaps of energy to hump the grid girls

sorry i am going no where with that

My wife recently gave birth to an 11 pound 8 baby - naturally...
She lost 7 kgs in one day As you can guess from my user name she (EDIT - the baby, not the wife. I hope she doen't read this) takes after me.

Congrats mate..Well done... :)

I'm with Argon..obviously the bigger the fella, the higher proportion of loss possible...
Anyway, whatever.

I once saw a grog bog in a public toilet in Eden that must have weighed in around 4kg. No kidding!
Thats a significant weight loss in a short period of time. At least i hope so for the poor bloke that hatched it...

Back