Wort Too Hot? Please Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gleeso26

Reaction score
Started my 1st beer brew today(coopers cerveza) I put the yeast in at 30degrees and then realised I should have waited until the temp was lower. Is 30degrees too hot? Have I ruined my brew?
I live in Brisbane and I'm just curious should I let my wort ferment in my open garage downstairs or in my house? Is downstairs in the open garage too cold?
Thank you soooo much for any help you can provideGleeso26

Started my 1st beer brew today(coopers cerveza) I put the yeast in at 30degrees and then realised I should have waited until the temp was lower. Is 30degrees too hot? Have I ruined my brew?
I live in Brisbane and I'm just curious should I let my wort ferment in my open garage downstairs or in my house? Is downstairs in the open garage too cold?
Thank you soooo much for any help you can provideGleeso26

The yeast that comes with Coopers kits are quite forgiving. get the temp down to around 18 to 20 as quick as you can. In a bath of cold water with some ice and wet towels draped over it will help.

Then keep it somewhere that is between 17 and 24C. The lower the better...

The yeast that comes with Coopers kits are quite forgiving. get the temp down to around 18 to 20 as quick as you can. In a bath of cold water with some ice and wet towels draped over it will help.

Then keep it somewhere that is between 17 and 24C. The lower the better...

Thank you very much, I think I will put it down in my garage for a while and then check the temps again laterCheersGleeso26

Back