Wort Kit - Opinions Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armstrong

Reaction score
Hi All,

With all the different brands of wort kits now available, I am interested to hear what everyone considers to be the best.

I've just kegged a St Peter's IPA done on Ringwood. Very noice. And they are comparatively down the road from you.

I have made that many of the Brewers Selection Fresh Wort Kits I've lost count all are excellent

I use the fresh wort kits form grain and grape, they are supplied and made by Mountain Goat. The beer is always excellant.

I do know there is a new bunch of fella's just about to go on the market in Sydney, so there will be yet more to be had!

Scotty

drinking an APA now... very easy to drink. Got a 5 Malt Amber Ale and Traditional Bitter ready for bottling this weekend on too. All from Brewer's Selection courtesy of Ross.
When pressed for time or too lazy to spend the time brewing... it's a great alternative.
I will report the results of the 2 fresh wort kits on now. From all accounts I've heard the Amber Ale is one of the best.

St Peters Czech Pilsner and Red Celtic ale are both very good beers - well worth a try.

I have made few when I get lazy and stayed away from some because fellow brewer have made some and they were crap.
Some are overrated but they can always be tweaked.
If you pick a type of beer you like use appropriate yeast and methods they can turn out nice.
Just be aware of diluting them too much.
I've found that diluting some Kits with 5 Litres of water from 15L to 20L they lack body and go below the gravity I aim for in my own beers.
That or my hydrometer was out.

Go for it and make up your own opinion. some swear by them.
matti

Ive just started buying them as I am gearing up for AG and need the cubes (have been doing doing TCB wetpaks with awesome results). Drinking my 4th glass of IPA right now. Mighty fine drop, although I did add more hops.

Had both Cerny Pivo & Norwest Pale from Brewers Selection - Both very good beers after only 2 weeks in the bottle. The Norwest is a little on the light side for me. I was hoping for a bit hoppier.

Had both Cerny Pivo & Norwest Pale from Brewers Selection - Both very good beers after only 2 weeks in the bottle. The Norwest is a little on the light side for me. I was hoping for a bit hoppier.
I use the G&G wort kits when i don't have time to brew an AG or , as the case is atm , i am starting the build of a HERMS system ( yes i know...another one ) and the brewery is now out of action . I've always done a mini mash or at least added different hops to move the kit past the "pour & pitch" situation , so that i've been able to brew anything from a simple pilsener to a smoked bock..i reckkon for ease , convenience and bloody good kit beer , wort kits are the dogs bollocks ! my 2c

I have used the brewers selection ones by ND brewing.

I think in general they are great.

My only criticism is that to dilute the wort to fill a keg, it will drop the alcohol below where I would like it for the style.

eg their Oktoberfest is one of my favourites, but diluted to 20 litres the OG is about 1042 which makes a 4% beer. I would prefer it to dilute to the accepted alcohol percentage of 5.1-6.5%

Great stuff for when you don't have time to brew though.

Latest posts

Back