Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allo, my favourite aussie beer of the worst type would have to be the all time best, ta da victoria bitter, vb stands for vaginal backwash or so i am told, i honestly wouldnt know for sure, but sure as hell dont want to try a comparison

Hey Spog , just wandering if the comparison to this is that oyster stout we had at the James Squire brewhouse a couple of months ago ????. :D

tallgum, i hate oysters as well if i were to describe them the post would be wiped!

Hey Spog , the mind boggles, just wondering how that oyster stout would go at the next gay mardi gras in Sydney at the lessos bars up at the cross. :chug:

Bobby said:
i challenge you to down a pint of outback lager.... gee that was bad...
linz next time your at the harp have a go...
Do I have to??????? :( :(

Got to agree on that Outback larger.
Bought some that when it was on special, drank 1/2 of one and gave the rest of the six pack to the neighbour!

tallgum, oysters and lessos, the mind does not boggle it does a 180 and flies out ya ears

Reschs Draught...had one the other day...is the only beer that I have left half full on the bar...it was shocking...

Carlton Cold
Crown
Tooheys Extra Dry
Millers Draught (after tasting this, i won't bother with trying bud)
XXXX Gold

What the above all have in common is that they taste like watery shit.........well from the little taste that they do have

Rembrant Masterpiece Lager (Dutch).

Tasted as cidery as my first Coopers Lager kit. :eek:

Warren -

Lions '10' in the early 80's, think it was the predecessor of their Rheineck, jeez was that ever misnamed unless you reverse the scale, it was ZERO

We used it for the drinking competition at our sailing nationals one year, Lion gave us a few cases for free as a promo - never again

The worst beer EVER produced was back in pommie land

Watneys (bleedin) Red Barrel.... truely the most metallic God awful brew ever created....

A bloke goes into a bar in Wellington and orders a Rheineck.
The barman looks out the window and says "Looks like rain."
"Yeah" says the bloke, "But you still put it in a glass and charge $5 for it".

Actually in my teenage years I liked Rheineck.

Ah Rheineck.
I remember on a boys trip from Nelson to Chch once using Rheineck to brush my teeth in the morning. Well it was either Rheineck or Joseph Kutz, either way it was the best use of it :lol:

Doc

Ross said:
The worst beer EVER produced was back in pommie land

Watneys (bleedin) Red Barrel.... truely the most metallic God awful brew ever created....
[post="47335"][/post]​

LOL! :lol:

Always reminds me of the Travel Agent Sketch from Monty Python. (Anyone ever remember Mr. Smoketoomuch?)

Now for something completely different;

Yes I quite agree I mean what's the point of being treated like sheep. What's the pointof going abroad if you're just another tourist carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day."

Warren -

The worst beer I have ever bought in Australia would have to be Duff when it came out all those years ago.....

Who would have thought that a company could tranish such a well loved worldwide brandname like duff.

The only one who couldn't get enough of that wonderful duff was my sink!

logo_tigers.gif

Carlton Cold is certainly up there, Budweiser is a very close second.
Tooheys Extra Dry is pretty bad, but the worst bit about it is that I know how processed it is, the thought of it makes me sick without even touching it. Similar with Corona, but at least the soapy taste overpowers most of the dodginess... wait, what did I just say? :D

Bricey said:
The worst beer I have ever bought in Australia would have to be Duff when it came out all those years ago.....

Who would have thought that a company could tranish such a well loved worldwide brandname like duff.

The only one who couldn't get enough of that wonderful duff was my sink!
[post="47376"][/post]​

And, who would have thought that by keeping them a few years instead of tipping them they would have been worth a fortune on Ebay?

My wife was given a can of duff once, and not being a beer drinker, she kept it. We still have it (notice how to ownership went from her to 'us' once we got married).

I think we'll keep it as our retirement nest egg.

Back