World's Strongest Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
German brews world's strongest beer

BERLIN, Sept 9 (Reuters) - A German brewer has concocted what he says is the world's strongest beer, a potent drink with an alcohol content of 25.4 percent that is served in a shot glass.
"Everyone who has tried it is enthusiastic. It tastes like a quirky mixture of beer and sherry," said Bavarian brewer Harald Schneider.
Schneider, who lives in southern Germany where beer is a tradition, said his beer fermented for 12 weeks for an alcohol content twice that of Germany's other strongest beers.
"People will only be able to drink two or three glasses, otherwise they'll drop like flies," he said.
Schneider expects the holders of the world's strongest beer, the Boston Beer Company, to put up a fight.
"I'm pretty sure the Americans have something up their sleeve."

I think a beer like that would make for a short night out. I wonder if the Aussies are planning anything?

Years ago I made a 11.5% beer, three big bottles over the tonsuls, fell over, couldn't get back up, so gave up on making strong beers.

Normell

I had some quite strong ones at the Belgian last night... quite good, though. What I found funny was when I had to give them my shoe as a deposit to get the beer

Back