Worlds Strongest Beer 25%

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit over-the-top, 25%!! What do you expect, look where it is made, where else? ;)
My Duval clone sends me silly enough already. :huh: Love to know what yeast they use.

Love to know what yeast they use

Maybe WLP099 Super High Gravity, it can ferment up to 25%.
Or something similar, can't imagine too many yeast strains being able to survive that kind of high alc levels

This was available for tasting at AIBA a couple of years back. It smelled fricken great, but it tasted more like a port than a beer - very sweet and thick. I only drank about half of the tiny sample they gave me, more because you could only take tiny tiny sips than because it was bad or anything though.

I'm pretty sure they start with a lower-gravity beer and keep feeding it sugars (maple syrup was one I believe), oxygen and fresh yeast.

I thought it tasted a lot like a caramely cognac. Very warming, but also quite tasty!

That's funny, I thought you guy's were going to be talking about this beer. :chug:

I was making moonshine a couple of years back, and instead of using the recommended 8 kilo of sugar with the turbo yeast, I dumped in a few stout homebrew cans you get from coles (that were on special at three dollars a pop), and some brown sugar and honey until the sg was around the 25% mark and Let it ferment out.
I just was going to distill it to make whisey, but it came out dangerously nice!
In fact my wife banned me from drinking it!

Hmm, is it a beer or a barley wine?

Grand Ridge Brewery's Supershine, for example, weighs in at 11%; they call it a strong scottish ale, but it generally gets filed under barley wine on review sites.

25% is well beyond any sensible definition of "beer" - and probably even "barley wine" for that matter. Certainly it's a novelty, but if you're a flavour craver like me I suspect it's somewhere best not visited?

Not for me. 25% sounds a little bit to strong for my taste and maybe for US$56 a bottle, which works out to be A$72.50, is a bit rich for me too.

'The idea was good, but the execution was poor.' - My Year 10 Report Card - referring to my idea to cool the world, thus stopping global warming, using reverse cycle airconditioners.

Cheers,

Reece

Hmm, is it a beer or a barley wine?

Grand Ridge Brewery's Supershine, for example, weighs in at 11%; they call it a strong scottish ale, but it generally gets filed under barley wine on review sites.

25% is well beyond any sensible definition of "beer" - and probably even "barley wine" for that matter. Certainly it's a novelty, but if you're a flavour craver like me I suspect it's somewhere best not visited?

Really? I would have thought any self respecting "flavour craver" would jump at the chance to try one of these. I certainly would, especially as Kook, who is somewhat of a beer connoiseur, says it was quite tasty.

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back