Worlds First Personal Brewery.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive really gotta learn this search thing properly.................... Mods please delete thread

for general searches Google option seems to work better than the default.

I am pretty certain that these were made primarily for k&k beers but I am sure you could put your wort after the boil in it.... They have an article in the current beer and brewer about this and also about this 3V from Farra engineering... http://www.farra.co.nz/productdetails.php?...1&numproj=5 which seems like better value than the other.

The Farra unit is one sexy bit of brew bling.

farra_engineering_s_45_litre_compact_portable_grav_4ccfc9854a.JPG

That Williamswarn is over $5k! Seriously, to do kit beers? One could build an AG setup, buy a kegking system with all the bells & whistles, enough grain, hops & yeast for a years worth of beer and still have enough change for a return tcket to the USA for a craft beer holiday.

Those guys are dreamin'.

The williams warn is a fermenting and dispensing unit. It's not restricted to kit beers.

The Farra is for Grain based wort production.

Why doesn't someone combine the two? That would be a good unit.

Or stick a braumeister in a WW

You can buy a $15 water barrel from the hardware, and this then becomes a five.five grand single keg, able to serve only one beer at a time. I am struggling to see even the slightest practical value in this.

Read the FAQ and see what it does and to whom it is targetted and why.

Not something I would buy (couldn't afford it for a start and I'm very attached to my makeshift 3V brewery) but neither would I buy a braumeister or a sabco.

Still doesn't mean they are badly designed.

The point of the WW is that it ferments clean beer in a limited amount of time, involves no transfers and utilises the CO2 devloped during fermentation.

Whether that's worth $5k to anyone is not for me to say. It isn't to me but that's because I don't have it to spare and 'no effort beer' for me involves going to the bottleshop but I can only speak for me and not someone else. I think if it had the addition of a wort manufacturing component it would be pretty schmick (still not my pint of beer but scmick nonetheless).

You can buy a $15 water barrel from the hardware, and this then becomes a five.five grand single keg, able to serve only one beer at a time. I am struggling to see even the slightest practical value in this.

I agree, specifically the one beer at a time thing.

**** that. What's the point of only being able to brew, ferment and dispense one beer at a time. When that beer runs out, then you have to start again, and then wait until it's done before you can drink it. Or reverse engineer that argument, and you can only brew again, when you've finished drinking the previous/current beer.

For me, that would mean i'd still have to buy from the local during "down time". Not an option i like the sound of.

Im a 3V brewer who is just starting to dable in single vessel recirculating biab setups. I used to use a chiller. I now "no chill" for no other reason apart from i can brew like a ******* when i have the time (rare) and then ferment at my leisure. It's the only reason i do it.

To have a "flow" of my brewing processes with something like this WW rig would be seriously inhibiting.

IMHO, a complete ******* waste of money. Not saying it doesn't produce a good product (it most likely produces an excellent beer), but so so not practical at all.

They actually provide a couple of bottles so when it gets down to 6L, you can bottle the last amount and then start the next batch. Their FAQ also states that people keg from the unit.... which defeats one of their points in their Personal vs Home brewing argument.

Oh and I had a look at their [post="0"]Personal Vs Home Brew Argument[/post]:

Not sure that their comparing the systems on equal merrit.. $5k system vs $80 kit from BigW?

But I see their target market, but not sure these guys who have 'failed' at home brew, would be willing to fork out the initial $5k investment. At least they are prepared to sit down and let you taste a beer out of the unit.. However, you'd have to have a lot of spare cash floating around to justify it wouldn't you? Myself, I prefer people don't see the fermenter or keg, I would rather have it tastefully hidden in the freezer and people just see the fonts etc. on top of the kegerator (once I build it), but each to their own I guess.

If it becomes financially viable in a few years (just like the laptop argument) I can see more people taking it up. I say good luck to them, I hope it does promote a bit more home brewing.

It is crazy expensive for just extract brews. But the Control system looks awesome. If I ever get sick of doin ag I'll look into it (when they're much much cheaper) besides I've had some really good extract brews too

Mic

The point of the WW is that it ferments clean beer in a limited amount of time, involves no transfers and utilises the CO2 devloped during fermentation.
We just got some $130 ea power-saving power-boards installed free on some government energy-saving scheme.
I wonder if we could get the WW installed free since it helps reduce CO2/greenhouse gas emissions from home brewing?
... If every brewer had one of these we'd reduce CO2 production by xxx. :p

Back