World's First Gay Wine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
I offer this with no comment, other than to note that regardless of the K&K/AG discussion currently going on elsewhere on the forum, this is one aspect of beer we don't have to worry about. I think.

A gay old wine.
It's fruity, pink-hued, requires a certain taste and is targeted at the gay community.
New Zealand's Kim Crawford Wines has released the "world's first gay wine". It celebrated its Melbourne launch recently, coinciding with the 17th Melbourne Gay and Lesbian Cultural Festival.
The wine is called Pansy! - a rose made from merlot, with a splash of malbec and cabernet franc. It's bled from the pressings of these red grapes (which means it's cheap to make), comes from New Zealand's Gisborne and Hawkes Bay regions and sells for $23.99 a bottle.
OK. That's the boring bit out of the way.

if you need to know more follow this link to the Age online.

Oh how language has changed over the years, quite a while ago if you were "gay", you were happy (result of over indulging) :blink: :blink:
Normell

Backlane Brewery said:
I offer this with no comment, other than to note that regardless of the K&K/AG discussion currently going on elsewhere on the forum, this is one aspect of beer we don't have to worry about. I think.

How about a Raspberry Wheat beer ? Isn't that considered a slightly more efeminate beer ?

Ducking for cover,
Doc

Why am I thnking Porter here?? What was it originally known as ...

Entire Butt?? :blink: :blink:

Warren -

In the same vain but this wine is for the oldies!

New_Wine_for_Seniors.JPG

Rubes...I'm speechless. :blink:

so the answer is- yes, a bunch of mad Americans CAN tell if your beer is gay.
who'd have thunk it?

lol pino more.could do with a bottle of that myself after a session where your a goner once the seals broken. ;) :lol:

cheers
big d B)

Wonder how the bottle's shaped........ :eek:

sosman said:
Here was me thinking all wine was gay.
[post="47433"][/post]​
well, who knew that Bud light was a gay S&M beer. :ph34r:
Stands to reason I suppose. You'd have to be masochistic to drink a Bud, esp a light!

Seth's opinion :p

Back