Worldbeers - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
Popped into Worldbeers at Northmead on my way home today for something different. Came out with the following:

Beer.jpg

(L-R): Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Fullers ESB, Batemans Triple XB, Timothy Taylor Landlord, Monteiths Original Ale, Whiteshield IPA.

Old hat to many of you I'm sure, but I'm yet to try these yet. I'm particularly interested in the TTL. The store seems to have a lot more stock in it at the moment, compared to when I was last there around 6 months ago, and everything seems 'fresh', the bottles have a minimum of 6 months life left. Prices seem a little cheaper as well, all of the above cost $42 (10% discount for 6), not bad I thought when they are all 500ml except for the Monteith.

Anyway, I'm thinking of starting with the TTL, then the Monteith and the Batemans. Tomorrow will then be the Fullers, Whiteshield and finish with the Youngs. They are trying again to get Sierra Nevada PA, twice so far with no luck as they can't get it past Perth...

Cheers :chug:

ah landlord is a great beer. i remember some orgasmic pints of it off cask in the UK a few years back but even in the bottle it's still good. so salty dry and hoppy. i go through a lot of it (well, what counts for a lot of an $8 beer) in summer.

what is this "worldbeers" shop? ive never heard of it before this instant. do they only sell beer? are they the answer to the international beer shop in perth that weve been praying for in this town? whaddatheygot? anything you cant get anywhere else or just the usual stuff?

neonmeate said:
ah landlord is a great beer. i remember some orgasmic pints of it off cask in the UK a few years back but even in the bottle it's still good. so salty dry and hoppy. i go through a lot of it (well, what counts for a lot of an $8 beer) in summer.

what is this "worldbeers" shop? ive never heard of it before this instant. do they only sell beer? are they the answer to the international beer shop in perth that weve been praying for in this town? whaddatheygot? anything you cant get anywhere else or just the usual stuff?
[post="86445"][/post]​

Just had the Landlord, thought it was very similar to the handpumped ales at the Riverview a few weeks back. Quite surprising that it is only 4.1%, great full flavour.

Neonmate, you can get the details at www.worldbeers.com.au, north-west Sydney, just out of Parramatta heading towards Windsor. I would say conservatively at minimum 250 different beers from around the world, Belgian, German, English, etc., well worth the visit. Not only beer, but full sprirts, megaswill, lolly fizz, etc.

And I don't normally give a toss whether someone is affiliated with something or not, but for the record, I'm not, just handy that it is under 10 minutes from where I live.

call me a phillestine, but I thought that Landlord was pretty damn dull, particularly fro a $8 dollar beer, might as well scuk down a couple of boddingtons for the same price, sure maybe madonna doesnt reccomed it like TTLL, but heck..

My pic from that lot is Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. Yummmmmm.

Doc

For those a bit closer to the syd cbd, there is a bottlo just past the toxteth on glebe rd, that has a few different german & belgian beers. usually $5 or $6 for 500ml bottles. recently tried these :
mini_IMG_4222.JPG

the weihnstephaner mmmmmmmm i love the pils and helles

Duff said:
Popped into Worldbeers at Thornleigh on my way home today for something different. Came out with the following:

View attachment 4590

(L-R): Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Fullers ESB, Batemans Triple XB, Timothy Taylor Landlord, Monteiths Original Ale, Whiteshield IPA.

Old hat to many of you I'm sure, but I'm yet to try these yet. I'm particularly interested in the TTL. The store seems to have a lot more stock in it at the moment, compared to when I was last there around 6 months ago, and everything seems 'fresh', the bottles have a minimum of 6 months life left. Prices seem a little cheaper as well, all of the above cost $42 (10% discount for 6), not bad I thought when they are all 500ml except for the Monteith.

Anyway, I'm thinking of starting with the TTL, then the Monteith and the Batemans. Tomorrow will then be the Fullers, Whiteshield and finish with the Youngs. They are trying again to get Sierra Nevada PA, twice so far with no luck as they can't get it past Perth...

[post="86395"][/post]​

Hey Duff, im in Hornsby and am keen as to check the worldbeers store out, you say you picked them up from thornleigh which is real close to me but the website say they're located at Northmead? Do they have a sub-branch or something? Where abouts in thornleigh?

I thought worldbeers was the old Nothmead cellars, just past Windsor rd on Briens rd

Give my vote to the White Shield. :rolleyes:

Hop flavour is not too bad at all. :beerbang:

Warren -

Hopsta said:
Duff said:
Popped into Worldbeers at Thornleigh on my way home today for something different. Came out with the following:

View attachment 4590

[post="86395"][/post]​

Hey Duff, im in Hornsby and am keen as to check the worldbeers store out, you say you picked them up from thornleigh which is real close to me but the website say they're located at Northmead? Do they have a sub-branch or something? Where abouts in thornleigh?
[post="86548"][/post]​

Sorry Hopsta, you're right mate it's Northmead. Head down Windsor Rd, turn right at the Cumberland Hwy southbound, first set of lights on the left.

Cheers.

Cool thanks! Deffinately going to have to check it out sometime.

Bateman's XXXB is an excellent drop on cask and in bottle. Would like to hear your opinions of it Duff?

C&B
TDA

Doc said:
My pic from that lot is Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. Yummmmmm.

Doc
[post="86469"][/post]​

Maybe the stuff we get in brisbane is quickly ruined by the heat, but i've never thought that youngs double choc was anything other than very ordinary.

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Bateman's XXXB is an excellent drop on cask and in bottle. Would like to hear your opinions of it Duff?

C&B
TDA
[post="86643"][/post]​

G'day TDA,

I found it a bit sweet with caramel flavours slightly dominating. Good initial bitterness, but didn't really last in taste for any great length. It wasn't too bad, I'm not going to rush out again and buy another bottle but will definately try again off the cask when I get the chance.

Cheers.

peas_and_korn said:
Where in Adelaide would I be able to buy these beers?
[post="86572"][/post]​

Try Cellarbrations on Greehill Rd, Glenside - not far from Burre i nside shopping centre.

Pretty sure I have got all of these from there in the past.

My vote, White Shield, fwiw

I will have to take a detour to Northmead this week. I am a big fan of the Double Choc Stout, but I reckon the best beer I have had in the past month was the Firkin Bolter at Duff's last week.
Cheers
Gerard

Peas and Korn, the 3 brothers Arms in Macclesfield also has a few good bottles of British if you care for a Sunday drive.
Cheers

Popped into worldbeers last night, on my way back home from Duff's.
even after picking up 24 longnecks of premium homebrew.. i couldnt resist dropping in to grab a few imports :rolleyes:
Held myself to 4 x samples which included, wiehinstephaner dunkle weizen, Fiddlers elbow (pale?), Timothy taylors Landlords and a lucifer. :super:

i think Elbow will be first off the ranks

Back