World Record Brewing Attempt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfadog

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering who is attending the world record brewing attempt in Brisbane on 21 july? I think I might join in!

Was wondering when this was going to come up. I'll probably be dropping by.

Was wondering when this was going to come up. I'll probably be dropping by.

So was I. guess someone has to start a thread. I may just have to cut down my mash time so that I can fit in my brew. The stepped has on the BM can take up a fair bit of time.

It's not, from what I understand. where you lob and start brewing. You have to transport your gear, supply your grain and hops and start brewing. Probably should be advertised as a K & K athon. Hope its not a marketing thing.

Gearwise, just fermenter, spoon and ingredients going by their email, as follows. I'll be calling them today to find out a little more like what are AG brewers mashing and cooking in, and will post comments in a few hours.

As part of Queensland Beer Week and Home Brew Day, Brewers Choice will be attempting to set a World Record at the Wacol store, at 2.30 pm Saturday 21st July (Next Saturday).

The record will be for the most people brewing at one time in one place. Brewers of all levels are welcome to join in to help set this great World Record. We will have basic brewers, extract brewers and all grainers all brewing together.

All you need to bring is your fermenter, ingredients + spoon. All ingredients purchased for the brew record will be available at 15% off on the day. And there will be a heap of other specials available as well.

Along with the record attempt, we'll also be holding a Brewers Swap Meet and Demos. There will be plenty of food, drinks and fun on offer! And the press there to record the attempt. So get some mates together and come down for a fun afternoon.

It's free to register, but to make sure we have all the logistics covered, we'd really like you to log on to www.trybooking.com/BOFJ and enter your details. Otherwise, ring our Wacol store and reserve your place in history.

See you there!
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 2.30pm
Where: 1/1236 Boundary Rd, Wacol
Click here to link to Google Maps!

Bookings Essential!

So I have to take my fermenter with me full for a drive home...sounds fun...RBT on the way home? :lol: I am reminded of the "Open Container of Alcohol in a Vehicle" thread :lol:

So I have to take my fermenter with me full for a drive home...sounds fun...RBT on the way home? :lol: I am reminded of the "Open Container of Alcohol in a Vehicle" thread :lol:

Thats some pretty quick yeasties you have going if theres alchol in there on the way home :p

Same day as the bulk buy pickup, maybe we can throw our 72 sacks in at Bacchus and take them on!

72 x 25kg = 1800
x 3lt / kg = 5400

Anyone got a spare 5500 litre pot lying around?

Might need a couple of pack of hops. Maybe Ross could do a special on 90 gram packs if we buy a few hundred.

It does look like they are going for the world's greatest yeast pitch..

Hi and apologies for not getting info onto AHB sooner - we have been flat out trying to get the new Kedron store up and running. The original email was a bit misleading. The record will be for the largest number of people all brewing at the same time in the same place, not the largest brew. The record will be set on saturday 12 July, from 2.30 pm. For logistical reasons, we are not going to be able to do a single brew but many smaller brews. Each brewer needs to bring their own equipment. For kit and kilo guys, this of course is just a fermenter and spoon. For the Extract brewers and mashers, obviously more will be required. We are going to provide a number of stoves and power outlets for the day. We are having a 15amp power socket installed for a Braumeister as well. All brewing ingredients for the day will be 15% off as well.

If you register on our booking site, (www.trybooking.com/BOFJ) so we know what extra kit you need (stoves, power leads, etc), we can organise to have it here for you. There will be a some spare Rubbermaid coolers and 50ltr pots as well, but these will be availble on a first come, first served basis. I would like to get a few mashers, so the K&K guys get a chance to see an all-grainer in action. If you are using no-chill cubes, then there should be no problems carrying the stuff home. The K&K guys are going to have to half fill their fermenters and top them up at home.

There should be some demos on the Blchmann Hop Rocket and Bottle filler, making sausages (and eating them), and some beers etc to fill in the time. Also if you have brewing gear you no longer need and you think others might be be interested in, then bring it along and swap it. Bring along some beers as well and swap them at the same time.

And if you are still around at the end, the Wacol train station is a short walk away and Scratch Bar is a short train ride - join us at the bar afterwards for a beer.

Thanks for the heaps up :)

I have to help the wife tomorrow at Eden's Landing so I might just "duck out for lunch" LOL

Hi and apologies for not getting info onto AHB sooner - we have been flat out trying to get the new Kedron store up and running. The original email was a bit misleading. The record will be for the largest number of people all brewing at the same time in the same place, not the largest brew. The record will be set on saturday 12 July, from 2.30 pm. For logistical reasons, we are not going to be able to do a single brew but many smaller brews. Each brewer needs to bring their own equipment. For kit and kilo guys, this of course is just a fermenter and spoon. For the Extract brewers and mashers, obviously more will be required. We are going to provide a number of stoves and power outlets for the day. We are having a 15amp power socket installed for a Braumeister as well. All brewing ingredients for the day will be 15% off as well.

If you register on our booking site, (www.trybooking.com/BOFJ) so we know what extra kit you need (stoves, power leads, etc), we can organise to have it here for you. There will be a some spare Rubbermaid coolers and 50ltr pots as well, but these will be availble on a first come, first served basis. I would like to get a few mashers, so the K&K guys get a chance to see an all-grainer in action. If you are using no-chill cubes, then there should be no problems carrying the stuff home. The K&K guys are going to have to half fill their fermenters and top them up at home.

There should be some demos on the Blchmann Hop Rocket and Bottle filler, making sausages (and eating them), and some beers etc to fill in the time. Also if you have brewing gear you no longer need and you think others might be be interested in, then bring it along and swap it. Bring along some beers as well and swap them at the same time.

And if you are still around at the end, the Wacol train station is a short walk away and Scratch Bar is a short train ride - join us at the bar afterwards for a beer.

Are we allowed to bring our own ingredients with us or do we have to buy it from Brewer's Choice on the day???

Tricache and others, it's on the 21st, not the 12th as in David's post (which wouldn't be tomorrow, anyway).

I won't be there, but it sounds like a fun day can be had

Tricache and others, it's on the 21st, not the 12th as in David's post (which wouldn't be tomorrow, anyway).

I won't be there, but it sounds like a fun day can be had

Can I borrow your time machine Florian? :D

Can I borrow your time machine Florian? :D

I don't get it, Malted. Or maybe better, I think you don't get it... :p

Have a read of the first two lines of David's (Brewers Choice) and then Tricache's post and you will be enlightened (well, sort of).

I don't get it, Malted. Or maybe better, I think you don't get it... :p

Have a read of the first two lines of David's (Brewers Choice) and then Tricache's post and you will be enlightened (well, sort of).

My eyes are gummed up, i saw "would be" instead of "wouldn't be". :blink: I need beer!
So no time machine eh? That's a pity.

Back