Woolies Seafood/Beer deal.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Haven't seen this mentioned on the forum, may have missed it??

Buy any Seafood from Woolies and get a six pack of One Fifty Lashes for $10 from BWS. SWMBO bought 2 prawns for 73 cents and got a six pack for $10..... she was very pleased with herself. A reasonable deal if you like OFL?

Haha Yob! Don't poo poo the lashes. It's a gateway beer. A bloke at work is delving into 'boutique' beers. A slab of Fifty Lashes and a slab of Miller Chill served icy cold. Wow! A new world. :unsure:
(Jokes aside I can thank JS porter for helping expand my taste buds, I just can't bring myself to buy seafood from a supermarket.)

150 lashes is the beer that started me getting into proper craft beers.

Although I've always been happy to try anything.

Now I'm starting to plan a IIPA at 9.8% and 130 IBU :)

That was my gateway beer aswell! I remember tasting it and thinking hmmm... its beer, but....its got, like, flavour or something?

Call me a c&$t but I like 150 from the tap.

I get all my seafood for free, so I'll, save the 73 cents :)

Its nice on tap...they have it at the Village Green...min you its about $6.20 a schooner

I find on tap it's usually not too bad, if the place sells a lot of it. In the bottle it can taste like estery cat piss IMHO and I struggle to drink it.

$6.20 a schooey, jeez!!

mje1980 said:
I find on tap it's usually not too bad, if the place sells a lot of it. In the bottle it can taste like estery cat piss IMHO and I struggle to drink it.

$6.20 a schooey, jeez!!
Never tried estery cat piss. If it tastes like 150 lashes, I gotta get a cat for my macro-brewery beer drinking friends

I've got 2 cats, will do a side by side tasting and get back to you.

It's not that expensive at The Crown stu. If it was I wouldn't drink it whenever I go there, or Grafton Bitter there for that matter. Being half a tight ares and all.

Back