Woohoo..Daylight saving...except QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
Starting work earlier is the go. Who the **** wants to do shit before work. Get work over and done with and have the full afternoon to get more done.
Well that's my working 2 jobs, one being a farmer theory. I need the afternoons for all my farming jobs.
Even without being a farmer, I cannot understand why office workers want to start at 9am and finish at dark. And tradesman who hit the gym before doing a full days labour, well your clearly not working hard at work.

Wait, this is the rant thread right???
Yep. Love me a 6:30am start with one break and knock off at 2:30pm. Leaves plenty of time to spend with the kids or doing jobs at home. Also lets you dodge all the peak hour traffic. If I had to work 9-5 and deal with Melbourne traffic I'd go all Michael Douglas in no time flat.

Actually, I don't mind the sun burning my retinas at 5.00am in the middle of summer.

Nope, can't see any reason to have daylight saving in Queensland.........

wide eyed and legless said:
Spuds have grown a couple of inches in anticipation.
attachicon.gif
IMG_0532.jpg
I think you need to get them to have a word with my hop plant because it's currently doing **** all.

welly2 said:
I think you need to get them to have a word with my hop plant because it's currently doing **** all.
Tomorrow morning, come daylight saving time, that bad boy will be leaping up

i'm all for letting the sun have a sleep in, he works hard you know and look how ******* old the poor fella is

gee wiz all you selfish people need to have some consideration for him

Ducatiboy stu said:
Bring it on

Still dont see why QLD dont want it... I mean Joe has been dead for a while so the sun no longer shines out his ass
Love my daylight saving. My old man lives on the Gold Coast, when i visit in summer the sparrows and sun are up at half three in the morning, Along with the old cheese. So bloody annoying. Then after a few home brews hes off to bed at half six in the afternoon and im ready to rock and roll. Get with the times banana benders :D

1 Queenslander voting yes to daylight savings here !
I love how our government won't even give us the chance to vote on it

I've got young kids who wake up with the sun & the birds, 4:45am can f#ck off !!!
Also my job revolves around Sydney so I get to start at 4am instead of 5am on my morning shifts, yay !

lukiferj said:
Daylight at anytime sucks. Let's just **** the sun off altogether.
Hell yeah, cause beers and bands are always better at night :)

My 2c, daylight saving should be during the winter months when the days are shorter. This gives us an extra hour to dick around in the afternoon before the sun goes down.

Ps. The NT doesn't do daylight saving either.

Back