Woohoo..Daylight saving...except QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Bring it on

Still dont see why QLD dont want it... I mean Joe has been dead for a while so the sun no longer shines out his ass

Lol. It's too hot up there, people prefer a free hour in the cool morning rather than a free hour in the scorching heat of the afternoon. I can understand that.

won't someone think of the farmers, confused cows, faded curtains etc

:)

good4whatAlesU said:
Lol. It's too hot up there, people prefer a free hour in the cool morning rather than a free hour in the scorching heat of the afternoon. I can understand that.
Its hot regardless...that extra hour makes SFA difference in the end

And yeah...forgot about the confused curtains and faded cows

Oh ****, farmers, cows and daycare workers. Jeebus, every daylight savings change means two weeks of chaos in my wife's daycare, where I also work. It's weird how significantly it affects kids.

no one ever thinks of the cows

I do know that the extra hour makes the lawn grow more...

We live up near the border and we love getting out for a fish/ walk/ jog in the cool of the morning.

Daylight savings means we are out trying to do these things in the heat of sun in the hot afternoon. My wife's already had one malignant melanoma removed and I've got fair skin - so we avoid the hot sun when we can.

good4whatAlesU said:
We live up near the border and we love getting out for a fish/ walk/ jog in the cool of the morning.

Daylight savings means we are out trying to do these things in the heat of sun in the hot afternoon. My wife's already had one malignant melanoma removed and I've got fair skin - so we avoid the hot sun when we can.
Why dont you do what I do....do it in the evening when it is nice and cool ...

We find the humid evenings to be near the hottest part of the day. Mornings are by far cooler.

There is still plenty of time mid summer for morning walks etc..

If your in QLD its daylight at 4:30am

is WA back in?

I don't care for it myself, as an early riser and early go-to-bedder I'd prefer the sun up early and sun down when I go to sleep

Daylight savings does not alter when the sun comes up and goes down.

You could set your clock to sunrise at 12am if you wanted...wont change anything

But i am not a morning person

pauline_hanson_I_don_t_like_it.jpg

It's not about just"setting your clock where you want it" we have to go to work.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Daylight savings does not alter when the sun comes up and goes down.

You could set your clock to sunrise at 12am if you wanted...wont change anything

But i am not a morning person
You are not a morning person - that is exactly my point mate

For example, I get up early and like to get a game of golf in before work - can't do that with daylight savings till it's halfway through

I like to go to bed at 8.30 because I get up at 5am sometimes earlier - I don't like to go to bed in the daylight

I'm not talking about changing when the sun comes up FFS

You might have to move to QLD Droid :D

I much prefer the extra time in the evening... An extra hour of motorcycle riding B)

Meh, daylight savings is not the issue. It's the silly idea that things have to happen at a set time. Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, go to bed when you are tired, wake up when you had enough sleep, shop when you need stuff. Stop being sheeple! :p

Back