Woman Gets Probation For Duff Beer Scam

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Dare I say it. Queensland ??

Doc

Woman gets probation for Duff beer scam
A north Queensland woman who made nearly $2,000 through an Internet beer scam has been ordered to serve 18 months probation.

Student Tara Woodford, 28, pleaded guilty in the Mackay Magistrates Court to selling three cartons of Duff beer, made famous by the animated US television series The Simpsons.

Police prosecutor Gavin Burnett told the court Woodford was paid $1,950 for the goods, but never actually had them in her possession.

She was ordered to reimburse the money, to undergo counselling and psychological assessment.

I still have one can of Duff beer unopened
Worth quite a bit now

Batz

Batz said:
Worth quite a bit now

Batz
Batz,
Do you REALLY have one though :lol:

Batz said:
Worth quite a bit now

Batz
Whatever you do, dont drink it.

Not because it is worth more unopened.

Because I can remember drinking the stuff when it came out and it was bloody horrible.

Yeah, i've got 1 can left as well. It must be 5 years old now. Taste should have improved.

nifty

Just spotted this telling flaw in her plan in the Age:

The court was told Woodford was caught because she used her correct name, home address and email address on the eBay site.

Her solicitor Phillip Moore said she committed the scam to buy Christmas presents and clothes for her four children.

Maybe this should be siphoned to Dumbasses thread.

Back