Wok Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stowaway

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day.. I cross over to the dark side..

ive got everything ready (i hope) and ive just gone over the procedure one more time.. But i just realised i dont have a wok stand... I also dont know what a wok stand is?
I assume its something to spread the heat as i have a nasa burner and it will focus it in one spot which is bad?

my brew is starting tomrorow morning 9am.. any idea of how i could improvise?

I found a perfect stand for this that was supplied with our NEC microwave. Exactly like a cake stand/wok stand. Gave it a crack last weekend with excellent results.

dont worry about it the nasa will do A GREAT JOB on its own ive got a couple of mates who do it that way

Youre doing BIAB I assume?

The wok stand thing is to keep the bag from the bottom of the kettle so it doesnt melt, I couldnt find one either so what I did was roll the bag so that when you line the kettle it was sitting about 8-10 cm from the bottom, then I tied the bag to the outside of the kettle with heaps of weight so it wouldnt roll itself out with the weight of the grain...

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back