Wish They Served "decent" Beer At The Gp...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
I was in a shop today, actually buying some fittings for my ball valve, and the conversation went like this.

Customer: How did the GP go on the weekend?

Shop assist: Yeh good mate except it was sponsored by that bloody Tassie mob, Boags so thats all they had to drink which as you know tastes like bore water.

Customer: Ohh really yeh that stuff is shit.

Shop assist: Yeh it would have been better if they had decent beer there, like VB or crownies at least.

Customer: Yeh how can they expect you to drink that Boags shit at a premier event like the GP.

I just rolled my eyes and smiled. :rolleyes:

I agree (I'm a Cascade Taswegian!) but in comparison to VB or Crown.... It's pure liquid gold!

EDIT: When I was offered a corporate box at the Indy a couple years back, we had a choice of XXXX Gold or Hahn Light.... Make of that what you will!

You can get it drivin, you can get it slidin, you can get it crashing a car............

Is there a 'decent' Aussie Megaswill? Isn't this a moot point?

Well that makes drinking HB on the couch seem watching the F1 even better.

I thought I saw cans of VB in the overhead boom crowd shots, could have been Boags Draught.

Quick - someone tell the comp judges!

What a load of nonsense. I've been obliged to drink some of the best beers I've ever had in my life from plastic cups while travelling - they were still great.

Maybe the sham of an Oktoberfest at the RNA Showgrounds. Not the REAL Oktoberfest at the German Club.... Where for an entry fee you get ENTRY....and get this, a 500ml GLASS STEIN!

And the beers are good too ;)

Maybe the sham of an Oktoberfest at the RNA Showgrounds. Not the REAL Oktoberfest at the German Club.... Where for an entry fee you get ENTRY....and get this, a 500ml GLASS STEIN!

And the beers are good too ;)

I have no doubt you're right, but I know how rowdy the German club gets, and I'd rather go to the RNA and be able to take the kiddlies and have a couple, than be couped up in the German club in a hot September.

Goomba

Queue the Coopers Green zealots...
That would be me :D

Coopers is, in my opinion, a fantastic brewery still belting out a fantastic Pale Ale. The Sparkling is awesome too, but not much of a session beer for me. Coopers Pale however, can drink that all day long.

Mmmmmmmmmm :chug:

I used CPA to reset my tastebuds, when I couldn't brew for 3 months.

Now hoppy beers taste hoppy again, though my AIPA is starting to drastically increase my lupulin threshold again.

Goomba

I was working at the GP on one of the gates. At the end of the day you have to make sure no alcohol leaves the circuit.

I must have said it a thousands times, but one off the conversations went like this.

Me "Sorry mate you can't take the beer out of the circuit"
Guy with XXXX "no worries I'll chuck it out"
Me " XXXX you should have chucked before you bothered to open it"

Not sure about everyone else but would rather drink Boags than VB or Crownies, Draught would have to the worst offering Boags have except the Light. If they had Wizard Smith then thats a different story.

the boags on tap in launceston when i was there was actually pretty good, id be happy to brew something like that

Latest posts

Back