Wireless Thermometer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Do these look the business or what? :super:

http://www.nu-temp.com/701.htm

Anybody know much about them. Are they available in Oz in degress celcius?

Very handy.

Warren -

701.jpg

They look nice but I'm not a real fan of this statement at the bottom of their web page.
"Also take care not to submerge the probe in oil or boiling water"

I can't see why thought, they look like the same probs on various other brands.

Borret

Didn't see that claim Borret.

You're right though. Does seem a little absurd given the fact it's a BBQ thermometer. :huh:

That aside I thought more along the lines of the fermentation fridge. Would be good to be able to monitor temps without having to go down to the garage all the time.

Warren -

True true. My focus is really on the brewery setup at the moment so that's all I thought about.
I wonder what range it has. Would be good to monitor the ferment from work too.(perhaps not that far) Saves trusting the wifes readings over the phone.
Would save getting out of bed in the middle of the night just to ease your mind.
Good thinking

Borret

Well if you have lots of money and some time you could go the whole wireless mesh setup using motes.

Perhaps a project for the future :ph34r:

That aside I thought more along the lines of the fermentation fridge. Would be good to be able to monitor temps without having to go down to the garage all the time.

Nah!

Can't agree with you guys at all.

Missus is watching "Dancing with the wankers or poo#ter$ or stars or whatever" :rolleyes:

Where do I go?

Down to the shed to check the fermentation temps.

Ah! Pure bliss!!

Just me and the gentle noise of, "plop" "plop", of the fermentation lock.

Only way to go, peace at its best!! :D

Cheers

Gotta agree with that one. Dancing gits is not my cup o tea but alas it's on in the next room with wife in front. Been to check brews a few times tonight. Even scrubbing labels off bottles has got to be better than that trash.

Yep,

Good program to give a wide berth to and to check the fermentation fridge.

Dunno if it's just me but I've got a strange feeling that those two blokes who are left are going to walk off into the sunset together, hand in hand. ;)

Warren -

Hi Warren,

]Dunno if it's just me but I've got a strange feeling that those two blokes who are left are going to walk off into the sunset together, hand in hand.

It appears that the computer you use to post on AHB is in the same room as the TV.
Well, mine is, and that show seems to go on for hours and hours and during that time I get comments like;

"They shouldn't have one" and "I can't believe that guy plays Rugby" etc. etc. :unsure:

So I do agree that they will kiss (each other) and live happily ever after. <_< :(

Cheers

Latest posts

Back