Wineries brew up bitter row

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hippy said:
Margret River wine is seriously over rated any way. Head another hour or so down to Pemberton,Nannup, Mt Barker and you'll get a shitload of better wines IMHO
Careful Hippy you will have the Margs Wine Mafia putting a hit out on you.

Totally agree on outer regions having better wine. I'm not a drinker of wine much but Pemberton was great for wineries and I here the brewery is back up and running.

heard her on 6pr ,didnt have much credence she was on about wild yeasts as well combining with beer yeasts and infecting her wines ,was full of shit .
They wanted to open a fast food place there ie:- maccas or HG and were howled down in local government to keep them out else would become just another suburb in the long run and they wanted to be diferent and keep it all local .

thats where its all coming from keep it local and the money stayes there personaly i dont go there its like broome overrated and expensive as

went for fish and chips there as was the only place open for takeaways was 3 deap at the counter wont be going back

Just liked it because it was basically the single most absurd thing I have ever read.

Well done!

Has anyone checked if the low starting pH of wine and lack of nutrients will allow beer yeast to take work? Ahh that's a noooo

/// said:
Has anyone checked if the low starting pH of wine and lack of nutrients will allow beer yeast to take work? Ahh that's a noooo
Lack of nutrients?......please explain?

Back