Wine Cooler Fridges

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozdevil

Reaction score
Gday All

Was walking throu K-Mart this afternoon just browsing around and came across a wine cooler that is about the size of a bar fridge or a bit bigger

Would these be any good for cold conditioning or would i be better of looking out for a fridge?

cheers and Beers
ozdevil

Go and suss out the prices at a 2nd hand white goods store and see if it still loks like good value

wasnt asking wether it is good value Linz and will go and suss out 2nd hand fridges

i was actually after wether the wine cooler would be any good cold condition wether or not it would be cool enuff? or was i am i simply better of getting a fridge

cost not worried about that yet

cheers
ozdevil

I dunno how low those things go, but I'd say that'd vary a little from fridge to fridge.

At a wild guess, I reckon you'd be looking at a range of about 8-16C. I've always thought one of those fridges would be great for lagers and for cheesemaking.

Target Home currently have the model with the clear glass door on special (in Melbourne at least). Can't remember the exact price but I think it was under $200. It looked about the right size to hold a fermenter and IIRC the temp was adjustable down close to zero.

Ozdevil, Go see Goliaths, He has about 3-4 second hand fridges for sale, One is $100 and works fine, I reckon i could fit 3 kegs inside....

Then again, maybe i shoudnt mention it coz im buying it next week hopefully lol!

Ben

Back