windows 10 upgrade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now know for sure that I am computer illiterate .... the only words I have understood in this whole thread is "windows10", the rest is all bloody "mumbo jumbo" and aliens language to me :unsure:

Only 3 more weeks to go before the Free Offer finishes up. Not like it is going to be super expensive if you do have to buy. The price is usually rolled into any new computer price anyway. Despite all the negativity it has matured quite well and is just about 100% stable. Anniversary Edition rolls out 2nd August with even more features. The MS spying debacle has just about died out now and most people just add a little software to stop ET call home.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-dominates-pc-gaming-new-steam-data-shows-505915.shtml

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-talks-ubuntu-on-windows-10-offers-video-tutorial-505912.shtml

Not like anyone that uses Torrent Sites is ever going to be paying for anything anyway :wacko: Bottle of Rum Me Hearties.

Both my PCs are now Windows 10 and, for the stuff I use them for, it has all the benefits of Windows 7 and quite a few enhancements that are really excellent.

For example when I open Windows Explorer - for example to get a torrent that's just downloaded and transfer it to - say MoviesAction folder, under Windows 7 I'd have to open two instances of Explorer and go up and down the tree to find the two folders. With Windows 10, it pops up a list of frequently visited folders and in my case the top one would be Torrenzdowloads and MoviesAction would be there near the top of the list as well, along with MoviesCrime, MoviesWar whatever.

Another great feature is when you are downloading, say 3 torrents and 6 podcasts and want to keep a check on progress, instead of ending up with 9 little boxes all over the screen, each proclaiming "expected 30 minutes, expected 5 minutes" and so on, all of which are based on some weird algorithm that never seems to actually work, Windows 10 just opens one big box with a list of what's happening in real time with a progress bar for each one "5%, 20%.....". Excellent.

My biggest problem is that I also have 3 Android devices and now I keep looking for things like pop up keyboards on my PC screens .... aaaarrrgghhhhhh

Bribie G said:
BAnother great feature is when you are downloading, say 3 torrents and 6 podcasts and want to keep a check on progress, instead of ending up with 9 little boxes all over the screen, each proclaiming "expected 30 minutes, expected 5 minutes" and so on, all of which are based on some weird algorithm that never seems to actually work, Windows 10 just opens one big box with a list of what's happening in real time with a progress bar for each one "5%, 20%.....". Excellent.
Transmission or uTorrent do this

Ok guys if you don't want windows 10 to install and you have that nag in the task bar with windows10 logo go to installed windows updates and uninstall this KB no it will remove it from your task area.. KB3035583, run windows updates and when you show this as an update just tell it to hide it won't come back.

but if you have all ready upgraded to 10 .. and don't like you only have 30 days form when it was installed to go back to your old OS.. do yourself a favour and download Classic shell it will give you a start bar like win7 and its free.

Rgds
CB - I do IT

ziggy459 said:
Ok guys if you don't want windows 10 to install and you have that nag in the task bar with windows10 logo go to installed windows updates and uninstall this KB no it will remove it from your task area.. KB3035583, run windows updates and when you show this as an update just tell it to hide it won't come back.

but if you have all ready upgraded to 10 .. and don't like you only have 30 days form when it was installed to go back to your old OS.. do yourself a favour and download Classic shell it will give you a start bar like win7 and its free.

Rgds
CB - I do IT
Easy way is GWX Control Panel http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GWX-Stopper.shtml

30 days to revert back is not quite correct. Use Windows Rollback Utility.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-rollback-utility.

I use Startisback ever since 2015 which is just like a hugely customizable 7 start menu only much better. Don't like Win 10 Start Tiles so don't use them.

Anniversary Edition will probably just be a load of extra features to disable as most I never use. Not really that much I use apart from a program launcher.

Tropical_Brews said:
Got to Love the Spin Doctors now with three weeks to go as Linux justs goes flat out to try and catch up.
Catch up to what......I cant wait till M$ brings out something as good as linux

Latest posts

Back