Willow Jerry - Where Can I Buy A Tap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiprya

Reaction score
Just picked up a blue 20L Willow jerry can and it didn't come with a tap.

Where can I buy one so I can run my bottling wand off it?

Cheers.

The big green shed. Quite cheap, buy a few so you can just chuck the old ones out every few months and keep the whole thing sanitary.

and dont forget to pull them apart and clean the insides. They harbour all sorts of gunk!!

Thanks guys.

I'll head over and see what I can find.

and dont forget to pull them apart and clean the insides. They harbour all sorts of gunk!!
Never pulled one apart in my life, at $1.99 each you just chuck them if you are getting a brown "band" building up in the barrel. However with JulLiar's carbon tax I may have to start dismantling them to save the Western Black Rhino. OOps too late :unsure:

They are pretty easy to pull apart Bribie. Take the tap off your fermenter/cube etc, open it half way, so the handle is a 90 deg to the barrel, sit it on the edge of kitchen bench with the thread pointing to the sky and resting on the spout, stick a wooden spoon in the hole and give it a whack, comes apart into two pieces to clean/sanitise nicely.

As per pok, they're easy to disassemble, I leave mine attached to the fermenter and just pull the spindle out, then remove the barrel from the fermenter. Initially though the dowel is required, thy're a bit tough when new.

Back