Willow Bin Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Village Idiot said:
Considered that Kev, just thought a few extra litres of capacity would be better.... can get the same bin in 50L
Have to admit, if you don't want to go the pot, then I would try and find a cheap esky.

The Village Idiot said:
Why no good for MT?
I would have thought that you're going to lose a lot of heat during a 1 hour mash, given that there's no insulation. An Esky might be more suited?

Why don't you look at one of these 40l hexagonal coolers.
You can pick them up for about $80 if you look around.

as a MT the manifold would be a bitch to make/disassemble/reconstruct for a brewday for that pictured above.. rectangular/circular is common for good reasons I suspect ;)

Not saying dont do it to any of the above, just I wouldnt..

I picked up my 75lt MT for $75 and my 70LT ali pot for my HLT for $40... look and buy in the right place/time and save yourself some headaches is what I'd suggest.

By all means, break with tradition, be flamboyant, go all out... just dont be surprised if it's a bit more work than would be the norm.

Couldn't you just use a False Bottom & either use the supplied tap (which will sit under the FB) or fit with a SS Valve?

Edit: BTW, the inside of the cooler is round :)

Latest posts

Back